Chapter 11

11. Finally Together

"So she got really mad?" Eren asked worriedly, he had treated you to lunch after finding out that you had to sleep at Historia's place. It was nice of him to try and comfort you when you knew that he was probably stressed already because of his job being on the line. "I thought she would've helped you, you guys are always together and seem so close."

It was weird enough to talk about your best friend with your boyfriend, how could you have that conversation later with Mikasa? "Yeah, it's not that easy." You muttered as you played with your food. "You see... she's against it, like a lot."

He frowned. "Even if you're friends?"

"Yeah, it's a difficult conversation."

"Why? It's not like we're breaking the law or something, we're both consenting adults so what's her problem? I can understand Jean having a problem with me, but Mikasa? She's also one of my best students." He commented and you could understand his confusion, he didn't know what you knew. "If you want, I could talk to her."

"No!" You immediately replied startling him a bit, his emerald eyes studied your figure for a few moments, not knowing how to respond. "I mean, there's no need." You tried to calm down, your heart was beating way too fast at the idea of him talking to her alone about you.

Eren put down his fork and grabbed your hand, he had this worried look that made you want to tear up. "Are you sure everything's ok?" Even his voice made your heart melt, how could you keep things to yourself when he talked to you that way?

"If I have to be honest with you... you see... Mikasa doesn't approve of us because she kind of had a crush on you?" You said and he widened his eyes in surprise. "More like a big crush... she was in love with you." You confessed and scoffed. "It was actually creepy to hear her talking about you like that, she hates every man beside you and could only talk about how smart, kind and attractive you are." You rolled your eyes and the man chuckled a little. "What?" You asked harshly.

He shook his head amused. "I don't know what's funnier, the fact that a student has a crush on me or the fact that you're jealous."

You raised an eyebrow. "Me? Jealous? Absolutely not." You folded your arms.

"You are and you look so cute." He smiled and grabbed your hand. "But you don't have to worry about it, I only have eyes for you." He kissed the back of your hand, that gesture melted you instantly. "But I understand that it could be complicated, I didn't expect this from Mikasa. So did you guys argue because of me?" You nodded looking away. "I'm so sorry, you can stay at my place until you sort things out, if you want."

"Historia and Ymir offered me the same thing, but I'm not sure. I can't let her have the whole apartment just because we argued, it's not fair." You could understand that she was upset and both of you didn't really want to see each other, but you were friends and roommates, it was only fair that you could stay at your own apartment as well. "But I don't know what this will mean for you, what if Jean of Mikasa tells people about us? You will be fired."

The risk was obvious, you knew about it ever since you started that relationship, but now it felt real. Eren hummed, his eyes fixated on your interlocked hands. "I was thinking, maybe I should just leave and find another college, after all, I never thought I was going to teach here for the rest of my life."

You thought about it carefully, his idea wasn't wrong but at the same time it didn't feel right. Why did he have to leave? Maybe you could've talked to your friends and convince them to keep quiet. "You told me it was your dream to teach here, I don't want you to renounce because of this, I will deal with it."