1

I put out my cigarette and take a breath of the cold New York air before walking into my new job. I was the new assistant for this band. I heard the only one of the album they have made and loved it. I walked in and stood by the desk as the woman at the desk was on the phone. I put my cigarettes away as she hung up the phone, "How may I help you?" she asked with a smile. I smiled, "Uh hi, I was wondering if you could tell me what studio Type O Negative is in?" I asked.

She looked at a paper on her desk, "It's written down as no one aloud in. I can call the studio if you'd like?" she asked. I nodded, "Tell them the new assistant for the band is here." I say before smiling again. She nodded and got back on the phone. She talked on the phone for a few seconds and hung up. "You are ok to go ma'am. It's studio 6, just down the hall." she said pointing down a hall. "Thank you." I say smiling and walking away. I felt my heart start to beat fast as I walked down the hall. I made it to the studio and knocked on the door.

The door opened and a man opened the door. "Hello c'mon on in." he said, opening the door. I walked in and saw the band from behind the glass playing. "I'm Mike, the manager for the band." he said, holding out his hand. "I'm Ember." I said taking it and shaking it. "So the band is just warming up right now but basically all you do is get anything the band needs and help me out." he said before sitting in one of the chairs by the sound board. I sat in one of the other chairs as he went on, "Today you'll really just be meeting the band and hearing more of their sound." Mike said before turning down the master sound.

I looked at all of the buttons with a wide smile, "This is a beautiful sound board," I say observing it. Mike chuckles and tells the band to come to the room me and him were in. They got up but one of them was a literal giant. "Holy fuck." I whispered to myself as they walked in. "Guys this is Ember, Ember this is Kenny, Josh, Johnny, and the freakishly tall one is Peter." Mike says, pointing them out. Peter rolls his eyes and scoffs as Kenny and Johnny come to shake my hand.

Josh was lightly a cigarette and Peter snatched it out of his hand, "I told you not to smoke around me." Peter growls. As I shake Kenny's hand he sees me watching Peter and whispers, "He's just cranky.". I chuckle as Peter practically yells at Josh. "He's usually less mean." Johnny says, shaking my hand. I nodded and smiled at them. Josh came over and shook my hand smiling lazily. I nodded and let go of his hand before shoving mine in my jean pockets.

Everyone looked at Peter who stood tall with his arms crossed staring into my soul. Though he was more than a foot taller than me I didn't feel scared, I simply stared back. Kenny coughed and nudged Peter who only smirked at me now. I just stared at him, he walked towards me and held out his massive hand. I took his hand, totally swallowing mine, "Nice to meet you Peter." I say as he grips tight on my hand. I pull my hand away from his tight grip. "Peter, will you stop being so rude." Mike says, putting a hand on my shoulder.

I moved away from Mike but smiled at him, "It's fine. I don't mind. I deal with assholes all the time." I say to Mike. Everyone but Peter chuckled. Peter scoffed at me and walked back into the studio, "C'mon guys." he says. The guys chuckle and smile at me as they walk back in. Me and Mike sit down as the band starts to talk about new songs. "That was bold." Maike said. I chuckled, "Thank you. I can handle myself pretty well. This band is actually one of the nicer ones I've worked for." I say turning my head towards Mike. Mike chuckles and I sit back in the chair as the band starts to play a new song. I listen and they sound amazing.

About thirty minutes later Mike comes out of the studio and hands me a 20. "Hey, will you run just down the street and get some beer? Preferably Heineken. These guys could use a break." Mike says. "Yup got it." I say taking the 20. I get up and walk out of the studio. I walk down the street to a liquor store and grab a 24 pack of Heineken.

I walk back to the studio and put the beer on the table. The guys quickly came out of the studio and took a beer. All of them thanked me but Peter. Peter sat in the chair I was just sitting in and smirked at me as he began his cracked beer and brought it to his mouth. I smiled as I realized what this bastard was doing. Being an asshile just to be one. I thought it was funny. I shrugged, "I'll be back, I gotta take a piss." I say walking out of the studio again. I heard someone choke on their beer and Johnny laughing.