2

I went to the bathroom and when I came back I heard someone's deep voice complaining. "She's bitchy, get rid of her." Peter said. "Oh just cuz she didn't cry at your bullshit like the last one she's bitchy? Shut up man. You two haven't even talked! She seems good enough!" Kenny said.

I waited a few seconds before walking in again. Both Peter and Kenny seemed uncomfortable. "Sooooo Ember, why don't you tell us a little bit about you.?" Mike suggested. I looked at him confused, "what are we preschoolers?" I ask not trying to be mean. "Wait, that came out a little mean my bad. Just ain't done this in a while." I say. "Your voice has a different accent to it. Where are you from?" Josh asks. I nod, "I was born and raised in Kansas. Moved here for a change in scenery." I say. "Like the wizard of oz?" Peter asked in a way that made it seem like he was belittling me.

I smiled, "Yessir. Only it's not all country and 'aunty em aunty em!'. We aren't all like that. Some are. I come from a part where we have lots of ranchers and bigger towns." I say back to him with the smile still resting on my face. Josh and Johnny chuckled as Peter rolled his eyes. Mike handed me a beer with a smile on his face. "Thank you." I say. Without thinking I grab my lighter and pop open the beer with the bottom of my lighter. I slip my lighter in my pocket. Josh laughs as Peter stares into my soul, like I was some kind of scum. I smiled before putting the beer to my lips and taking a drink. He scoffs and looks away. I chuckle to myself and Josh starts a conversation with me.

After about ten or so minutes Mike makes them get back to work. As I walk to throw some of the empty bottles away Peter slams into me and spills his beer on the ground as I fall to the ground. "What the fuck!" He yells. I get up and wipe myself off. "Sorry man, I'll clean it up." I say pulling some glass off my shirt. "That was the last one! You fucking ruined it! You imbecile!" He yells at me. Mike goes to stop him but Peter keeps going. "Your fucking worthless!" He yells. "Quit yelling at me I ain't done anything to you! I'm trying to be a decent person and clean it up. But I guess being the 'women' and cleaning ain't enough!" I fire back.

This only makes Peter angrier. "Don't act like you're a woman. You're just a child, playing to being a woman. You'll never really be a proper woman, you know that? You're a useless girl, who will never measure up to a real woman's standards." He yells shoving me. "You have no right to say anything little boy! You might be tall and strong but that doesn't make you a real man!" I yell back walking back towards him. "If you think I'm scared of a little boy like you, you're wrong!" I yell as he towers over me.

Peter busted out laughing, his booming laugh rattled me as I stood very close to him. At this point I didn't know what was happening. "I'm just speaking the truth. And, I thought you were more mature than this. I thought you could take it." He said, smirking at me. I roll my eyes, "More mature than you. You're the one who threw a hissy fit over an accident." I say as I bend over and start to pick up the glass. "Stop whining. I didn't mean it. No big deal, right?" He said, rolling his eyes and crossing his arms. I rolled my eyes and put the glass in the trash can.

Mike told Peter to go in the studio and with that he was in there. "Sorry for his actions. He does this to everyone new. Especially women. You're the first to not cry, even the guys cry." He says as I grab a rag and wipe up the beer. "Well I'm not scared of him and if he thinks him being a dickhead will get me to leave then he's got a hell of a road ahead of him. I used to deal with worse than him when I was 7. Gonna take a lot to make me cry a sad cry. Angry cry, not so much." I say as I throw the wet rag away. Mike smiled, "then plan on being here a while." he said. I nodded and sat down in one of the chairs.