²⁰Fláneur

a person of leisure who enjoys wandering the streets, soaking in their surroundings and appreciating the beauty.

***

AS ADIRA SLEPT Regulus remained awake. Seeing the girl he was enamoured by being dropped off by his brother half dead.

It was enough to give anyone nightmares.

He was lay on the bed next to her, looking at her as she slept.

He was aware it was creepy, but he couldn't help but stare, he didn't want her to wake up in a panic or for her to be uncomfortable.

He had known for years he had a small boyish crush on the girl, but it had withdrawn when he became older since he had bigger things to deal with.

Sirius leaving, being made to take the mark. He didn't have time for teenage 'love'.

Yet he couldn't get that noise out the back of his head, whispering to him and telling him everything he didn't want to hear.

'Just tell her you like her already.'

"You know you're not over her, you think of her all the time... it's embarrassing actually.'

The worst thing about it is that the voice in his head had Sirius' voice.

He groaned, sitting up and going to his chair in the corner of the room.

Far to many thoughts were running around his head, would Adira want to leave tomorrow? Would she want to stay here?

One thing he did notice was that throughout all his worry in his mind the one thing it all involved was Adira.

He didn't care if he got caught and beaten for having a girl in his room, he didn't care if he never saw Sirius again.

He just wanted her to be okay .

That's when he made a decision.

He opened his drawer and got out a piece of parchment and a quill with a pot of ink.

And he began writing.

Dear Dark Lord...

***

ADIRA WOKE up the next morning with a weight around her stomach.

She opened and rubbed her eyes weakly, a pain behind her eyes throbbing.

However she felt much more awake when she saw Regulus with his arm around her waist and his face stuffed into the corner of her neck, literally spooning her.

She attempted to move immediately, not wanting him to be awkward and uncomfortable when he awoke to see the way he decided to use her as a teddy bear in their sleep.

However the harder she pulled to get away the tighter his grip got.

Eventually she gave up, laying still and awkwardly, not knowing how to deal with the affection.

"Morning."

She turned her face to the side to see Regulus staring at her, a childish grin on his face.

She didn't reply, just stared at him, last nights events running through her head, her nearly dying, him comforting her until they fell asleep and now this.

It was weird. They always had this competitive argumentative dynamic but she didn't feel the hatred towards him that she used too.

She can't remember when she started seeing him in this new light, seeing him as somebody that's smart instead of stupid, and kind instead of an arse.