5

Weeks passed by, or maybe even months

Weeks passed by, or maybe even months. Aadi kept no track of time while bonding with the Kuru family, handling Lucknow and having arguments with Div on a daily basis.

But for Divya, time was moving painfully slow. Every second felt like an eternity, handling the matters at Lucknow, that too from a different timeline. She couldn't understand the current affairs of Lucknow; the news wasn't available here and the only time she could use some of the networks was for communication or downloading files. But she did have a lot of fun with the Kuru family and got annoyed with everything Aadi did.

For Div, the Kauravas were now like brothers and for Aadi, they were like his buddies. They still took time remembering each one's name but they laughed whenever they'd get it wrong. The elders loved and cherished the two Kaliyugis, keeping them close to their hearts.

Angraj Karn was deeply mesmerised by the mannerisms of these two. How they talked, behaved and argued with each other was a sight like none other. Not only was he deeply interested in how Kaliyug was, but he was also interested in how these two behaved in Kaliyug.

They said they managed everything in the city, but their childishness didn't make it seem like so. Well, at least Aaditya's childishness; Divya seemed pretty well-kept.

But Dushala needs to be mentioned separately. Divya had only one friend of her age and gender in the palace and it was Dushala. The two were quite literally the trope 'Grumpy X Sunshine', a thing which Aadi taught the Kuru princess. The two would spend their entire day gossiping and fooling around the palace in happiness, which was a delightful sight for the Kauravas. But that wasn't what these girls actually did. The two only laughed discussing Aadi's embarrassing stories and all the other times it was only Dushala talking and Div listening. And for Aadi, Dushala was nothing more than a devious monster playing tricks on him every other day. If he counted the number of pranks played on him every day, he'd probably forget how long numbers go.

Angraj Karn, glowing like the radiant sun itself, chuckled at Duryodhan telling him about the antics pulled on Aaditya. The duo of the Kaliyugis, laughing, stood near the two friends. Well, the only one laughing was Aadi while Div rolled her eyes at him.

"Now, what are you too laughing about?" Duryodhan asked, smiling.

"Nothing, he's being annoying again." She replied, leaning on the pillar. She gestured to Duryodhan, asking who the other man was.

"I'm Karn," The man wearing the golden crown introduced himself, smiling.

"I'm Divya, and he's Aaditya," She replied with a watery smile. The excitement of meeting so many familiar people, who seemed fictional, was a surreal experience for her, but she still felt tired from staying up last night dealing with politicians. Aadi, greeting him with a charming smile, bonded with Karn immediately.

The four talked for a while, before parting ways and going to their respective chambers. On the way, the Kaliyugis knew it all felt too familiar.

The candles and mashals reminded them of her home but they were too regal, the servants and guards around them felt like home but they were differently dressed, and the long hallways were like home but too long.

It was all like home, but nothing like it either. It was completely foreign. The connection with the future was perhaps the only thing which kept them sane here, else they'd have lost their minds.

"I'm sleepy," Divya mumbled, wanting to close her eyelids and fall asleep that very moment. She leaned on him from the side, hoping to take support while walking.

"I told you to sleep, but then again, you never listen to me." He scoffed, slightly shoving her away. A groan left her mouth and she pushed him back, but her push was harsher.

"*Kaliyugvasi¹, Maharaj has requested for everyone's presence in the sabha. Please arrive shortly." A dasi bowed to them, before proceeding to other chambers.

"When will I get to sleep?" She whined as the two took a turn towards the sabha.

The sabha seemed similar to what they'd imagined. The King sat in the middle of the room at the highest position while the ministers surrounded him from the sides. There was a separate balcony-like platform for the women where Divya was asked to go. Aadi was taken with the Kauravas.

"We have gotten an invitation for PanchalKanya Draupadi's swayamvar. It is quite an unusual one. PanchalNaresh wishes for the participants to spend a month in Panchal, in the palace. They say that this is for PanchalKanya to get to know the participants better and choose one as a husband. The competition will be held at the end of the month."

Dhritrashtra frowned upon hearing the uncommon routine. He waited for someone to speak, unsure of what he wanted to say.

Duryodhan spoke, first.

"I don't see a problem with this, Maharaj. I can participate from Hastinapur." He held a proud look on his face as he announced so.

Div and Aadi's confusion grew, not remembering anything of sorts happening in the Mahabharat they heard.

"It is fine if you have no problem, Yuvraj. But one month without a Yuvraj might not be the most suitable situation. And from other kingdoms, kings might arrive too. Wouldn't that lead to less security and administrative power for a month? Seems like PanchalNaresh is trying to weaken a specific empire." Vidur spoke, gaining the attention of the crowd.

"Our empire is the strongest until Mahamahim is with us, we need not worry." Duryodhan smiled as Bhishma left a sigh.

"He is, indeed, correct. Yuvraj Suyodhan and Rajkumar Susshasan shall go to this swayamvar, then." Dhritrashtra nodded, announcing.

"I would like to request the two Kaliyugis, Divya and Aaditya, to accompany us to Panchal so that they can get to know the surroundings and this time better." Duryodhan proposed to which the King nodded.

The two mentioned glanced at each other, worried about how the new situation was going to affect them. 

═══════════════════⊹⊱≼≽⊰⊹═════════════════