10

In Kaliyug

In Kaliyug

<Lucknow>

"I don't believe her," Raghuvendra stated, his head buried in his palms as his hands rested on the table. The group of men surrounding him, most probably a task force, exchanged glances, unsure of how to deal with the situation.

"She said she's safe and away on a confidential issue with that good-for-nothing brat!" He screamed, knocking over the various objects kept on the table.

A woman, not more than his age, stood in front of him. Her eyes glared at him, menacingly. She walked over to him, slamming her hands onto the table as she startled the sitting man.

"Watch your words, Raghuvendra. I'm ready to defend my boss at any chance I get." She said, taking a seat on the chair in front of her as she stared daggers at Raghu.

"I know, you're Aaditya's assistant, but I am Divya ma'am's. So for me, only her well being matters, not his. Get that through your head, Aarna." Raghu said, addressing the woman in front of him.

Despite the choice of these two, they had assembled to figure out where their bosses were and why they were lying to them. These two, however, hated each other way more than Div and Aadi disliked one another. With them, it's constant arguments, sometimes punching and maiming and mostly a fight for control.

"I care about his safety, that is the only reason I'm here. So, if you don't want to cooperate until we find them, then you're not getting any help from our unit." Aarna warned, her voice cutting through the silence in the room.

He sighed, remembering how Div had gifted Aadi a sector of workers and group, the digital workers. Though the force and labour still stayed with her, the cyber workforce stayed with him. Though she had planned on getting the unit back once she realised Aadi betrayed her, it was too late and they were in Dwapar. Now, all the jurisdiction remained under Aadi.

"Fine, if we want to find them we need the best of both worlds. Let's start." Raghuvendra said, walking out of the room as his men, dressed in black followed. He was dressed in casual clothes, trying to be as uninteresting as possible, so that he doesn't grab a crowd's attention. A plain tee with jeans on, trying to escape the hot sun in the city.

Aarna, rolling her eyes, followed behind. She wore a white kurta, not wanting to stand out or attract any unwanted attention. Her men walked behind her, dressed in hues of forest green.

They left the mansion they were in, just in the centre of Lucknow, and got into one car. Aarna sat in the passenger's seat, adjusting the mirrors according to Raghu's preference, as he insisted on driving.

The engine revved up, a whirring sound audible as he steered it onto the path. Their workforce watched the grey car drive away as they headed back into the mansion's quarters.