Chapter - 7 Unspoken Emotions

Aadhya was now discharged from the hospital and found herself resting in a cozy guest room at the Rathore house. The mansion was a grand abode, radiating an aura of affluence and heritage. The hallway leading to her room was adorned with elegant paintings, and the marble floor echoed with every step she took. It was a stark contrast to the modest apartment she was used to.

The guest room itself was tastefully decorated. A large, ornate bed with soft, inviting pillows stood at the center. A crystal chandelier hung from the ceiling, casting a warm, comforting glow across the room. Luxurious drapes adorned the tall windows, allowing in just the right amount of sunlight. A small sitting area was arranged, complete with plush armchairs and a table, where she could sit and read or simply relax.

Keerthi had taken special care to ensure that Aadhya felt at home. Fresh flowers adorned a beautiful vase on the bedside table, infusing the room with a delightful fragrance. The en-suite bathroom boasted modern amenities, pristine white tiles, and a large bathtub that promised a relaxing soak after a tiring day.

Despite the luxurious surroundings, an unsettling feeling gnawed at Aadhya's heart. It wasn't the opulence that made her uneasy; it was the sudden change in her life. The loss of control, the unexpected twists—everything seemed to be spiraling beyond her grasp. The unfamiliarity of her surroundings only amplified her sense of being lost.

She sat on the edge of the bed, deep in thought. The events of the past few days had taken a toll on her, leaving her emotionally drained and physically weak. She longed for the familiarity of her small apartment, the simple joys of her routine, the comfort of her own space.

A gentle knock on the door interrupted her thoughts. Keerthi entered with a warm smile, carrying a tray of tea and some light snacks. "Aadhya, how are you feeling?" she asked, concern in her eyes.

Aadhya managed a small smile, appreciating Keerthi's care. "I'm okay, thank you. It's just... a lot to take in."

Keerthi sat beside her, offering the tray. "I understand. This must be overwhelming for you. We're here to support you through this, Aadhya."

Grateful for the gesture, Aadhya sipped her tea. The comforting warmth eased her nerves a bit. She knew that Keerthi's intentions were pure and that this grand mansion was a gesture of kindness and care.

Aadhya settled into her temporary abode within the Rathore mansion. Tara, Rana, Keerthi, and even Arjun, Aditya's younger brother, visited her often, each interaction a blend of warmth and formality. They made sure she was comfortable, ensuring she had everything she needed during her stay.

However, amidst the caring gestures and conversations, one notable absence stood out—Aditya, the focal point of this engagement. He never once ventured into her guest room. Keerthi took on the role of a messenger, updating him regularly about Aadhya's well-being. For Aditya, it seemed like a responsibility, a duty he had to fulfill.

In the dimly lit study of the Rathore mansion, Keerthi stood by the tall mahogany bookshelf, her expression a mix of concern and frustration. She had been observing Adi closely since Aadhya's arrival, and what she saw troubled her deeply.

Gathering her thoughts, she dialed Adi's number and waited, her heart heavy with the weight of the unspoken. Adi answered after a few rings, his voice formal and detached.

"Adi, it's been a day since Aadhya has been here. You didn't even visit her in the hospital, nor were you there during her discharge. This morning, you went straight to work without even greeting her," Keerthi expressed, her voice tinged with disappointment.

There was a moment of silence on the other end. Adi's stoic silence weighed heavily on Keerthi's heart. She continued, her words laced with frustration, "Aadhya is going through a tough time, and your indifference isn't helping. You are engaged to her, Adi. Show some empathy."