Chapter 2

Chaewon POV:

"Yes, I've been expecting you, Ms. Kim"
The woman said.

"Just introduce yourself and sit somewhere"

She went to close the door and everyone's gaze was on me. I was standing in the middle of the room and I started to get nervous. I could hear everyone whisper something.

"Quiet class!" The teacher raised her voice and glanced at me to speak.

"Hey. I'm Chaewon! I'm new here!" I stopped to think what else to say. "And I hope we can become friends!" I added and smiled.

"Now you can sit down Ms. Kim, and I'll be going through the rules with you" she started to speak to the class and I went right to Sakura, since she's sitting alone.

I smile at her as I sit next to her.

"Hi!" "Hey" she said. Now, I tried to listen to the rules when after few minutes Sakura spoke.

"Are you good? You seemed nervous in front of the class"

"Don't worry about it, just my first day. I should be nervous" I chuckled nervously. I wasn't confident anymore. What's wrong?

"They weren't talking shit about you" Sakura said as if she knew I was thinking about it.

"How do you know?"

"At least the popular girls weren't. They said, you're cute" she glanced at the group of like 4 girls so I looked there too.

They seemed sweet.

"Now that we went through the rules, I'm going to call out your names and I'll give you your schedules"

"Ms. Miyawaki" The teacher said and Sakura stood up.

Miyawaki? That was her last name? So she isn't from here?

"You aren't from here?" I asked her as she sat back

"Nah, I'm japanese. But I live here for quite a few years"

"Ms. Kim" I walked to the teacher's desk and took my schedule.

"Thank you" I bowed and went back to Sakura.

"Show me" I gave her the schedule and then she compared mine with hers.

"Glad we have some classes together" she then said.

"We do?"

"Yeah" she smiled at me afterwards.

The bell rang and Sakura the spoke.

"Since we have right now both a free lesson, how about I show you around the school? What do you say?"

"That sounds amazing! No time to waste!" I grabbed her hand and we ran out of the classroom.

When we were in the hall, I stopped, so Sakura could give me a tour.

We walked through the halls while Sakura told me about the place things I needed to know.

"The cafeteria, really crowded. That's why I go to another place. I'll show you"

she started walking towards the glass door on the side of the school.

She opened the door for me, I bowed and went outside.

It was nothing complicated.

In the back, there was a football pitch, there was a group of boys playing there at the moment. A bit older guy, I assumed it was their coach, just watched them and commented something from time to time.

On my left, there was this concrete staircase, not really a staircase, it had only 3 stairs, but you could still call it a staircase.

"I always sit here with my friend at lunch" Sakura commented and sat on one of the stairs.

"I don't want to sound rude" I started as I sat next to her "How many friends do you have?"

"Two. One in school. The other out of school. I forgot. Since you're my friend now, I have now three friends" She smiled and I smiled back.

Now we sat outside, saying nothing. I was watching the guys playing football. They were quite good.

"Has someone caught your eye?" Sakura said out of blue.

"What do you mean?" I asked

"You were looking at the guys playing, so I just assumed"

"Not really. I don't judge people by their looks. Personality is the most important thing"

"But for real! I don't understand why people confess to someone when they never talked to each other" Sakura seemed interested in this topic.

"Has that ever happened to you?"

"Nope. And I'm glad!"

"Do you like someone?" I asked.

"Wait I'm sorry. I shouldn't be asking you that when we just met-"

"Chaewon. It's okay, really!" She assured me.

"And to answer your question. No, I don't. I haven't find the right person yet"

I nodded and looked at the football pitch again.

The guys already left.

"Another lesson is gonna start soon. Let's go"

Sakura said and grabbed my hand.

~
Date of writing: 1 Oct 2023
Word count: 756

A/N: Hope you like this story!