Surprise

Warnings/Tags: Angst, Sexual Tension, Flirting, Hydra, Violence, Implied/Referenced Torture

---

As soon as you entered the grand hall, your eyes scanned around the room to search for your target. On the USB there was a file regarding an ex hydra scientist who not only performed on innocent people, which resulted in them dying, but he also abused many of his subjects, especially the young girls he managed to get a hold of.

Men and women in elegant outfits, showing off their wealth littered the room yet you paid no notice to the few looks sent your way from them, the lust in some of their eyes as you walked past in your suit. All black was always the way to go, it was the best colour to hide the blood stains after you had your way with a target.

You made your way to the bar, ordering yourself a drink before a woman sat next to you, her body closer than necessary to grab your attention.

"And to what do I owe the pleasure, Miss Romanoff?" you say, not turning away from your drink as the redhead receives her own drink and takes a small sip.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't pin you to this table and handcuff you?" she says with a little bite in her words.

"Hmm let me think," you murmur, pretending to be deep in thought for a moment earning a glare from your side. You roll your eyes at her serious state and mumble how boring she is before answering, "Because I'm your favourite bad guy? Oh wait no, because you'd know I'd enjoy it too much," you turn to her with a wink, her palm colliding with your cheek making a few people look over before losing interest. You rub the spot she just slapped, her expression stoic as you stare at her in disbelief, "You're not one of my favourite Avengers anymore, that was just rude."

"Cut the bullshit," her tone dangerous, "This isn't a game Y/n. Why are you here?"

"The same reason you are," you turn back to your drink, your eyes looking around the room as you take a small sip.

"And that is?" You let out a sigh at her words, annoyed you now have to deal with the Avengers meddling in your plans.

"Look, let's 'cut the bullshit', we both want the Hydra prick, so why don't we just make this easier for everyone?" she raises her eyebrow at you, waiting for you to continue, "Let me take care of him and you can all have tonight off, maybe you could go and learn to have fun somewhere." She shakes her head at you, a breathless laugh escaping her.

"I don't think that's going to happen," you turn to her as she speaks, looking behind her to see if the man has entered yet.

"Why not? Is it because you don't want to be a fun person?" She can see your smirk as you raise the glass to your mouth and holds back from slapping the smug and annoying look on your face.

"Because your methods of 'taking care of them' are inappropriate and illegal," she's read all the files on you and even seen you in the flesh as you punish whatever guilty soul you could catch.

"It's not inappropriate, it's what they deserve," your voice loses the teasing tone, becoming more cold and angered. "Do you really think I'm just going to let you take them, stick them in a cell for the rest of their lives that protects them from the people that want them dead? I thought you were smarter than this Romanoff." She sighs at you, but you're too focussed on seeing the man walk in, a smile plastered on his face as he greets the surrounding people. "Lovely speaking to you Miss Romanoff but I must say goodbye now," you say with a sarcastic tone, your hand grabbing hers and raising it to your mouth to place a kiss on, her pulling away her hand at the dramatic gesture.

"If you carry on like this, you'll end up in one of those cells," she warns but you're already gliding through crowds of people to find the scientist.

"Fancy seeing you here," a familiar voice calls out, her arm interlocking with yours, holding you back.