Diciassette

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

↶*ೃ✧˚. ❃ ↷ ˊ-

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Ollie's eyes absorbed the text message from his father as they coordinated plans to meet at Porto di Messina the next day. His fingertips danced across the screen of his phone as he composed a message to acknowledge the arrangement, all while the weight of Rosetta's imminent departure to Rome loomed, casting a shadow over their Palermo sojourn.

She was going to spend the rest of the summer days with her family, just as she'd promised them while Ollie's family were en route to Palermo to reunite with him and commence the next chapter of their holiday together under the Sicilian sun.

Rosetta's gentle breaths warmed the crown of his head as he cosily lay in her embrace. Her arms rounded his shoulders, her hands curiously explored the span of his bare chest as he felt the weight of her head resting atop his.

"Do you want me to help you pack?" she wondered.

"Pack?"

Ollie let out a small, contented grunt as he repositioned himself, turning around to face Rosetta. His head nestled on her sternum and he leaned in to place a delicate kiss on her clavicle.

"Packing can wait, Paperotta." The brunet gave her a smile that he knew she adored as he gazed at her innocently. "I just want to do nothing with you today."

Surrendering to the enchanting abyss within the profound emerald pools of her eyes, Ollie found himself ensnared, lost in a verdant sanctuary where his every worry seemed to melt into oblivion. As her delicate fingers moved across his scalp, an ecstatic serenity washed over him, coaxing ripples of euphoria to wash over his being.

He could feel his lips curling upwards as he studied her features.

Rosetta had been the embodiment of sorrow merely a day prior; her tears mingling with the fabric of his embrace as she choked out the tales from her time with Giovanni.

It was a stark departure from the Rosetta Ollie had always known—a paragon of strength and assurance—and the moment she showed him just how vulnerable a person like her could be had left him haunted by a profound fear. He was left grappling with a disorienting sense of helplessness as the foundation of his understanding of her resilience crumbled before his eyes, uncertain of how to mend the fractures within her spirit.

But as his eyes raked across her features, cloaked by the warm luminance of the sun's rays, the twinkling constellations had returned to her eyes, akin to stars reclaiming their place in the night sky. Her cheeks, once drained of colour, now bore a gentle blush, and a subtle, ever-present smile adorned her face, making her transcendent beauty shine even more brilliantly than ever before.

Rosetta's hand glided beneath Ollie's jaw, tugging him closer with dainty urgency until their lips were drawn together in a gentle, tender convergence. Her kiss possessed a softness that spoke of shared serenity, and with each luscious brush of her lips against his, his senses were serenaded with a melody of exquisite sweetness, a tranquil harmony in the symphony of summer.