Chapter 13 - Cookies!

Jake's POV~
Warnings: swearing, skip this chapter if you don't like this.

We are downstairs in the kitchen with the rest of the gang. Me and Hailey are a bit awkward after that conversation. I feel honoured that she could tell me about Lucas. I never knew Zoey would do that to anyone because she used to be so kind when she were younger by what Drew had told me. Apparently she just changed as soon as we got into Highschool. God I love Hailey so much.

Milly was excited to make cookies so while me and Hails were coming down the stairs, she had gotten all the ingredients ready. Even a few things measured out.

"Finally your here,", Milly groans, "You took forever.".
"Sorry, it was my fault,", I speak up.
"Right,", she points towards the ingredients, "I got these ready for you while you were busy".
"Thank you Milly,", Hailey smiles.
"I didn't realise you could be so organised,", I muttered under my breath.
"WHAT DID YOY JUST SAY JAKE!".
"Nothing.".
"I heard what you said I'll ignore you for now.".

Sean grabs the recipe book and lays it out. We all start making cookies. As Hailey was pouring flour into the bowl, she spilt a little. I put some on my finger and dab some on her nose. (See my reference to what I did on my halloween countdown book).

"Jake!", Hailey wipes her nose and starts laughing. She can't stop and laughs into my shoulder.
"Woah Princess it wasn't that funny,", I start laughing with her as well.
"OMFG I ACTUALLY CANT BREATHE,", She continues to laugh. I fall on the floor from laughing so much and she falls on top of me.

"Calm down lovebirds,", Milly looks at me.
"What was the need?", I mouth to her before standing up and thensaying, "We don't like eachother Mils.".
"Sure,", she shrugs her shoulders and continues to weigh some butter. I help Hailey up from the ground and we continue giggling a little.

The cookies were put into the oven a few minutes ago. Everyone was just chilling in the sitting room talking but us. We just look at each other intensely. I love her so much. I love how she can be herself around me. When we were laughing before just proves it all. I hope she likes me back.
"Hey Hailey I've got to tell you something,", I say. I walk over to her, "Hailey I-".

The oven beeps to signal that the cookies are finished.
"What were you gonna say Jake?".
"It doesn't matter,", I mutter.
"Hey guys the cookies are done,", she shouts.

"COOKIES,", we hear a girl shouts as she runs into the kitchen. Turns out to be the pink-haired devil, Milly. Everyone else comes in after her.
"Calm down Milly,", my stupid brother says with his boyfriend's arm around his shoulder.
"Buzz kill,", Milly mutters under her breath.

I grab the oven mittens from the cupboard and put one on. I open the door and grab the tray. Jake goes to close the door for me, accidentally touching my hand.
"Sorry,", I quickly say.
"It's alright princess,", he smiles at me.

He ends up closing the door while I put the tray on the bench. I turn around to see Luke winking at me.
"Oh shut up,", I mouth back.

———————

We are in the sitting room chilling as we've just finished half of the cookies. The rest are for tomorrow . Well, we meaning everyone but Zander and Luke because Zander needs his precious beauty sleep. It's only 9:15pm he needs to get a grip of himself.

Besides the point, I'm sitting next to Jake and oh. my. god. We are sitting so close together. Like our shoulders are touching but like I can feel his body heat. AND IM STILL WEARING HIS JACKET. LIKE IT IS SO COMFY. LIKE IVE NEVER FELT A JACKET SO COMFY.

The worse part is though Luke's not even near me so I can't even tell him all of this! Like I have no one to tell. Ughhh. I would tell Milly but she'd shout it out loud and Sean would tell Milly no doubt.

"Hey I'm gonna head upstairs,", Sean states reading the time on his phone.
"Alright, goodnight,", I smile at him.
"I'll come with you Sean,", Milly says.
"Goodnight you two,", Jake says moving along a bit closer to me. IM GONNA DIE!!

They walk upstairs and leave us two alone.
"It's just us Princess,", Jake grins at me, "Whatcha wanna do?".
"You chose,", I grin back at him.

He lies down with his back on the floor, "Come join me princess.". I lie down with him.
"Will you ever stop calling me that?", I sigh.
"Neverrr,", he chuckles. I love his laugh.
"Ugh fine,", I chuckle too. I stare at the ceiling.
He moves his hand a little closer to mine. Our hands touch and I grab his; the butterflies in my stomach go crazy.

I turn my head so I look over to him. He looks back at me. Oh his chocolaty eyes, I could stare into the for days. He leans in for a kiss. Woah woah, I thought I was ready for this! Never mind I'm not. I quickly dodge.
"Let's go upstairs, I'm feeling tired,", I stand up
"Sure,", he fake smiles at me. Ughhh why did I dodge it? I like him loads.

A/N: HEYY GUYS!! I've been really bored recently of writing my other book so when I've got the chance I've started writing this one little bits at a time so I wanted to make a short chapter for you because I know a lot of people have been starting reading it now so I don't want to ruin how long they have to wait. I also created a name for yous. I'm gonna call you my little dorks!! Bye and I'll see you on the next chapter!

998 words