15

—15. Crying Wolf
ALWAYS AND FOREVER

       Andie checks her watch and puts on her jacket as she walks down the stairs

Andie checks her watch and puts on her jacket as she walks down the stairs. Damon follows behind her, carrying her scarf.

"I'm late. This is such a crazy day." Looking in the mirror at the bottom of the stairs. "I'm, uh, covering the Historical Society's High Tea."

Andie has a bandage over her bite mark on her neck.

Damon said Sarcastically; throwing the scarf up, "Ooh! Thrilling."

They walk together down the main hallway leading to the front door. "Yeah. It's for some visiting writer. He's writing a book on small-town Virginia. It's a big snooze."

"Writer? What's his name?"

"Uh, Elijah Smith."

Aurora walks around the corner of the hallway, seeing both Damon and Andie, "Smith. He's using Smith?" She asked.

Could he have chosen a more common name? Aurora internally rolled her eyes.

Andie looks at herself, yet again, in a different mirror. Damon places the scarf around her neck and ties it.

"Okay. You have your story straight in your mind, right?"

"I can't say that you bit me or drank my blood, just that we hit it off and I really like you. You are terrific, though. You're sweet, funny, you're honest."

Damon smiles, places his hands on either side of her head, and compels her. "And you're falling hard."

"You might be the one."

"Dames, don't you think this is a bit much?" Aurora asked, leaning against a wall.

Damon shrugged, "She likes it, right?"

"Oh, yeah." Andie nodded with a big smile, one that did not reach her eyes.

"Right." Aurora muttered.

Damon opens the front door for Andie. Alaric, not having knocked yet, stands on the front porch.

"Have a great day, honey." Damon kisses Andie.

"Ew." Aurora mumbled.

They pull apart and Andie walks out the front door, acknowledging Alaric. "Oh. Hey, Alaric. Later."