20

—20. The Sun Also Rises
ALWAYS AND FOREVER

   Aurora ignored everything going on in the world of drama concerning the sacrifice

Seeing Klaus again was like saying Romeo and Juliet never died—does that make sense? Probably not.

She returned to the boarding house after the alleyway interaction, drowning herself in booze. If she didn't go on rampages, tearing people's heads off, she would be drinking lots and lots of blood right now.

And she would be lying if she said she wasn't extremely tempted to tear into someone's throat.

Aurora was filling her glass for the fifth time, downing it in one go when she got a phone call.

'Elijah - Noble Original'

Was what the the caller ID said, Aurora hesitated picking up the phone—she knew what he would say.

Did she want Klaus dead? She should, he dumped her best friend in the ocean, she shouldn't even be questioning wether or not to hate him. But it was hard, it's hard to hate someone you love deep, deep down.

When she picked up, she muttered a quick "hello" before allowing Elijah to talk.

He mentioned their plan to kill Klaus, and how they were all at the witch house, and Stefan wanted her there.

Why? Who knows. Maybe support? Oh god. Vampire sacrifice! Damn Stefan and his saviour complex.

——

Aurora sped to the witch house, coming in contact with Stefan, Elijah and Bonnie.

Stefan turned to her when he felt the wind blowing, signifying someone using supernatural speed, "Aurora-" Stefan started,but was cut off by his angry twin sister.

"No! No, Stefan. You can't!"

Stefan knew she would react this way, but he needed to do this—for Elena, "Rory, I have to." He stated calmly, reaching forward to grab her hand.

Aurora jumped back, "No, I won't let him kill you too, he's already taken everybody from me." She cried, although Stefan didn't know what she was talking about, he knew who—and all his suspicions were correct.

She knew Klaus.

Stefan tried to keep the tears from falling at the sight of his sister breaking down for him, he reached forward, bringing her into his arms, hugging her tightly,

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry, but I have to do this." He whispered, before bringing a hand up to her neck, and twisted—a cracking noise filled his ears and her sobbing stopped as she fell limp in Stefan's arms.