4.

(Song: Thousand years~ Christina Perri)

They planned on going outside. But how the weather in April was like, it begun to rain the second they stepped out the door.
Great...
But still, that did not hold back Rafe's thirst of exploring the village where Grisu grew up.
They walked through the deserted streets— obviously no one living there was eager to go out in that rain.
The sound of the wheels of cars driving through the deep puddles echoed on the walls of the houses.
They walked, a big umbrella held in Rafe's hand, the other hand intertwined with hers.
Rafe's shoes already began to soak full with water but he did not mind.
He was stunned by this different architecture and these round-shaped streets. Overall the village did not look that incredibly beautiful but once they got the the farming-fields the rain, the wetness and the grey colors looked like an old painting.
They walked the long road to the next village, cars driving next to them in high speed, the water on the street almost splashing onto them.
And Aresu just knew that this was not her first life with him beside her.
She looked at his side profile and at the rain drops that found their ways under the protection of the umbrella, setting down on his light skin, making him appear almost ethereal.
She had to smile at that thought, thinking about how he'd never see himself as what she saw in him.
They called him dangerous. He was my safe.
They stood under a tree, Rafe holding the umbrella protectively above them.
"Let me hold you, in my arms and in my heart. Because that's where you belong," he whispered, his voice rough and sweet like honey, dripping down her throat and making everything glisten with deep and pure love.
And this love was indeed as sticky as honey, as golden, and as sweet.
And Aresu loved to feel the honey-texture that he created with those simple but so deep words.

The rain was cold on his skin and he begun to shiver, but exactly that made him happy. That meant that she'd get more protection from the umbrella, that meant that she did not need to shiver.
That meant, that she was dry and safe.
And he wanted to keep it that way.
She was so ethereal in her being.
Just the way she walked, held his hand and smiled at the to her so well-known little things from her childhood.
He wished that he had lived with her here, that he had known her ealier. In school maybe.
Maybe they would have learned for the graduation together.
Maybe they would have become a couple very early.
Maybe his childhood would've been filled with love and appreciation instead of hatred and pain.
Maybe his sister would've been happy here...
He could imagine mini-Aresu running around the streets, he could imagine a grown up Aresu getting ready for a party before meeting her friends.
He could imagine Aresu laughing on these exact streets...
She had never been in a relationship before. And this thought made him happy. It shouldn't, he knew that, but thinking about the fact that he was the first one to explore all that as the first boyfriend on her side, made him so incredibly proud.
And he wanted to remember it all, keep it in his head and lock it there.
He wanted to remember those grey streets and those beautiful fields, this forest in the background, her face lighting up whenever she showed him one of her favorite spots.
And he just smiled... appreciated... and remembered.
And Rafe just knew deep down that he had spent more than just one lifetime looking for her.

And so they continued their walk, wrapped in their thick pullovers, warm and soft fabric baggy around their skin.

And then they kissed, right under this tree, lips suddenly touching, clumsily landing on top of each other, hands grabbing the others waist, the umbrella sliding down to the ground, laying their abandoned.
And this kiss was in fact ethereal.

Funny note: I wrote that chapter without listening to that song and then thought: Omg the choice of words I used fit so damn well to that song-> yea so here you go XD