Chapter 18: The lines have been drawn

The group of friends left the shopping centre and walked back to the Quinn house. Erin smiled as she looked down at the hand that was intertwined with hers. She looked up and saw that James was glancing down at her. They both smiled at each other. Erin then leant her head on his arm, she closed her eyes and relished the moment.

He's my boyfriend. MY boyfriend! I've got a boyfriend! An ACTUAL boyfriend. She thought to herself repeatedly, almost unable to believe it herself.

Erin was giddy with happiness as she stared at him lovingly. Not so long ago she'd only seen him as a friend, one of her best friends, someone who she could be herself with whenever she was with him. Someone who had seen her at her best, and worst. Someone who liked her for who she was. The last few weeks without him had been torture, the events of Donegal had stayed with her. And now the events of the past week and day had truly made her see him in a different light. The wee English fella had become more than a friend to her. She knew he would protect her, not matter what. They caught each other's eye again and both went to lean in for another kiss but paused simultaneously. Michelle was only a few feet away. She had already laid down the law to them about snogging in her presence; more so to James, of course, as he was more susceptible to her demands. Michelle then glanced down the opposite side of the line up where Marco and Orla were also holding hands.

"OI! The same goes for you too, ye randy little Italian!" Michelle snapped. Pointing at him.

James rolled his eyes; Erin smirked and hugged his arm to hide her face. They laughed quietly together. Orla, however, would not be deterred, she crossed the threshold and leant in and planted multiple pecks on Marco's cheek. Marco couldn't help but smile widely, Orla giggled at him as he squeezed her hand tight. Clare smiled at Orla's display of affection.

"Awwwww." She cooed. Michelle glanced at them.

"Ach For fucks sake, Orla. Give it a rest." She begged annoyingly.

"I can't help it. It's his fault that he's such a ride!" Orla declared. Smiling at her fella.

Marco's face went red, the other three laughed loudly at Orla's random declaration. Michelle thought she'd boke from that statement, but Erin grabbed James by the jacket, she pulled him in and planted a large kiss on his lips. James had no choice, neither did he object as he kissed her back.

"ERIN!" Michelle snapped at her.

"Sorry Michelle, It's not my fault ye cousin's such a ride." She quipped, echoing Orla's statement.

"OH FUCK OFF WILL YE!" Michelle winced and hid her face as everyone laughed at her embarrassment.

Michelle's wince then turned to a slight chuckle. For all the times she'd bragged about her apparent conquests, the table had been turned on her, fortunately she found the funny side of it. However, Michelle's mood shifted again. This time it was more aimed at Katya, and David Donnelly. She still reeled from what David had tried to do to Erin. She then remembered what Clare had told her, that James had stood up for Erin without any pause of thought. She glanced at him as they walked. She smiled proudly at her cousin. All that tough love seemed to finally pay off on him. But the issue wasn't yet over. This couldn't have been truer when they turned the corner.

"Hiiiiii Guuuuuysss." Jenny Joyce, jubilant as ever stood in front of them, along with Aisling.

"Ach, Hi Jenny!" Clare shrieked.

Jenny jumped backwards slightly. In a panic, Erin let go of James's hand. James initially noticed and felt slightly confused. Erin then stealthy motioned behind James and shuffled over to Orla's side, forcing Orla to let go of Marco's hand, whilst trying to act casual. Orla tried to object, but Erin quickly placed her hand over Orla's mouth.