Chapter 1: House

Three story, pale green Victorian style house.  Wide and large compared to the other houses following before and after it.

It looked like it had been empty for a long while seeing that the grass wasn't as green as the other houses, and the small bits of foliage that had seemed to begin growing on the edges of the steps of the house.

But other than that, there seemed to be no problems with the exterior of the house, at least from what could be seen as they had walked around the house with the real estate agents that led them around showing them the house.

"Would you like to see the interior of the house, or would you like to look a bit more of the outside?" The agent said as she fixed her suit jacket as she turned her attention to the young couple in front of them.

The couple looked at each other for a few seconds, "We'll like to see the inside now."

The agent nodded with a smile, "Very well, now if you'll follow me." She led them to the front of the house to the front door.

The three of them walked into the house, "This here is a coat closest." The agent said as she opened the small slim door on the left of the door, "And if we go down here, we'll see the parlor." She closed the door and walked into the parlor she had mentioned, "This house was built in 1885, needless to say there had been some reconstruction to this place to keep it, but some of the original parts of the house are still here.  For example, the flooring." She lightly tapped her left foot on the wooden floor, "This is part of the original house.  The stones around the fireplace are also part of the original.  Considering that this house is on a list of few of the Victorian houses in this part of town, it's been kept in good condition, and even some of the original furniture has been kept, as is that piano there.  Of course, that doesn't include the bedding." She explained as the couple walked around the parlor looking at everything.

From the lighting to the designs on the wall.

"Are the walls still of the original house?"

The agent walked towards where the couple were, "Unfortunately some of the walls aren't, there was some damage to them.  Some water damage and age as well, but the pillars around the home are of the original foundation."

The woman of the pair nodded as she went back to look around the room.

"What's the next place?" The man asked.

The agent went on and showed them every single part of the house, "We'll start with the bottom floor of the house and then go up the second floor." She stated as she lead them further into the home.

They passed by the cherry-colored staircase as they walked, "This is the kitchen.  And as you can see it has been remodeled, but the theme of the era is still added in the designs." She said as she moved to the side of the entrance as the couple walked in.

Burgundy colored drawers and cabinets, an island situated near the center just in front of the refrigerator with the stove right next to it.  The island was as well a burgundy color, but the top was a soft grey marble.  A dishwasher on the side of the sink on the bottom.

"And if you come this way here, you'll see the food pantry.  It's a pretty good size if I say so myself." The agent led them a little ways past the refrigerator and opened a closet sized door, "You have enough space for anything."

And indeed, there was a wide space inside, enough to put a closet to shame.

"And of here, through this door you'll be met with the dining room." The agent led them to a side door leading to a large room with a single large dining table in the center.

Three large windows on the far-right side of the room lighting up the room, decorated with light purple curtains.

Their tour of the house continued into see the downstairs half-bathroom, back porch with a screen door.  They then made their way back to the front part of the house and walked up the staircase.

After making it to the second floor, they went into a library that was just a small way from the staircase.  It was of a good size for a library, it could work as an office if they had to work from work.

"The bookcases here are also from the original house, and they're very sturdy as well, as such they're very heavy too as well as the desk and chair.  So don't try to move them on your own." The agent said as she watched the couple inspect the room.

Four bedrooms, one of them being a master bedroom, two full bathrooms, one of which was in the master bedroom.  Three of the bedrooms were "regular", they were still much larger compared to the average bedroom.

They saw a linen closet with a door leading to the washing room.  A washing machine and dryer along with cabinets lined the walls, all the cabinets most likely for storage for all the soaps, and a folding table on the other side of the room.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

"And if we go up these small stairs we'll be in the attic." The agent said as she walked them up the last staircase.

It was a small attic, nothing much to it.  They finished the rest of the tour by seeing the basement and the garage.

The couple walked to the side and spoke amongst themselves, "Is it okay to buy this place?  Isn't a little too cheap for the type of house it is and how big it is as well." The woman frowned in thought, "Do you think something is wrong with the house?"

"True.  But it's not everyday you see a Victorian house this cheap on the market." Her husband said as he tried to persuade her.