Chapter 23

After the audition with Xiong Ni ended in the afternoon, when Lin Xun and Gu Huaiye were on their way back, the silent man made him feel strange.

He didn't know that Gu Huaiye was still flashing the scene of him performing on stage in his mind.

The innocent and cute boy has a pair of soft dog ears, a pair of innocent black eyes, and the look back and smile is actually heart-rendingly charming.

After receiving the message from Lin Xun, he came over and happened to see Lin Xun come on stage for an audition.

Just one glance made him feel as if he was being bewitched.

As a 5S-level Alpha, his five senses and memory are several times stronger than those of ordinary Alphas. As long as he wants to, he can recall any details, including the boy's expression at a certain moment.

It made him want to hide Lin Xun.

"Mr. Gu, are you feeling unwell?" Facing the serious and quiet Gu Huaiye, Lin Xun was always worried that this man who liked to endure pain without speaking out might be feeling unwell again.

Hearing the sound, Gu Huaiye raised his eyes and met the young man's concerned black eyes. The evil that was swirling in his heart was like a popped balloon.

"no, what happened?"

"It's okay if you don't. It's just that you seem to have something on your mind. You're wondering if you're not feeling well. Is there something wrong at work?"

The little Omega tilted his head slightly and looked at him with a soft tone.

Gu Huaiye resisted the urge to pull him into his arms and rub him into his blood: "I'm fine, don't worry. I haven't asked you how was your audition today?"

"I don't know. The director asked me to go back and wait for news. He said that if I pass, a staff member will contact me, but I don't think there is a chance."

Lin Xun pursed his lower lip slightly. He still knew how much he weighed.

Gu Huaiye's eyes were filled with softness: "Maybe it's not as bad as you think!"

"Hey, I don't want to hope that the more I hope, the more disappointed I will be. Besides, I won't lose anything if I don't choose. If I choose, I will gain."

He bent his eyes and smiled at Gu Huaiye. He was in a good mood.

When her eyes fell on his smile, Gu Huaiye's hand on his lap clenched into a fist unconsciously, trying to suppress the demon in his heart.

Lin Xun's cell phone rang suddenly, startling him. He took it out and saw the unfamiliar number on it. After he connected it, he heard a gentle female voice coming from the other side: "Hello, is this Mr. Lin Xun? This is Qingyang Branch. , so your father, Mr. Lin Zhonghai, attempted murder and is now under investigation. We need..."

After hearing the content of the call, Gu Huaiye reached out to take his phone, negotiated with the other party, put it down and looked at Lin Xun: "Are you okay?"

Lin Xun was somewhat frightened by this phone call and attempted murder. Who did Lin Zhonghai want to murder?

"Don't be afraid. I'll go with you." Gu Huaiye told the driver to turn around and go to Qingyang Branch.

When he got off the car, Lin Xun had already digested the news.

Seeing them coming, the police sergeant in charge of the case walked over and looked at Lin Xun with sympathy in his eyes: "Don't worry, the case has nothing to do with you. We just want to ask you a few questions."