CHAPTER 1

Aurora's POV;

I held my straight face as I apply my last makeup before going to work, my lipstick. I focused on applying my nude Mac lipstick on my lower lip to get that seductive, perfect lips. As soon as I am finished, I stood up to fix my work attire. I lowered my gray skirt and shook my gray blazer to get the dust off my outfit, after doing so, I proceeded to go towards my room door to get out.

Dave's gaze suddenly met mine, his hazel, almond eyes traveled through my fit as if he's scanning it. He looked at me in my eyes— full of amusement, and a flash of smile are in his lips.

"I don't know how many times I've told you this, but I'm still mesmerized on how beautiful you are," he said.

My lips draw a small smile. I was fluttered. He never makes me feel insecure but the most beautiful woman in the world instead. I let out a small laugh and hit him lightly in the arm.

"Silly, tayo na nga."

I gripped his arm as we both get inside the elevator to get to the ground floor of the condo. It's already 9am in the morning, and we are half an hour late for work. But no worries, my boyfriend owns the company I work in anyway.

We quietly walked in the garage until a red Rolls Royce Dawn parked right in front of us. It was driven by a man who I think is in his early 40s and was ordered to get out of the car by Dave.

"Thanks, manong. Take this, let me drive my beautiful girlfriend to work. Thank you again." He said to the driver, handing him an amount of cash.

Manong had a smile on his lips and took the money offered to him. He thanked Dave for giving him such amount and proceeded to make way for us.

"After you, milady." He said as he opened the passenger seat for me.

Dave seated after he closed the door for me. We waved goodbye to the man before Dave hit the acceleration pedal and proceeds to drive away from the condominium building.

Out of boredom in the middle of the road, I opened my phone to see a lot of missed calls from an unknown number. I began to wonder, do I have a delivery or something, because I can't seem to remember myself ordering online these days.

I counted the number of missed calls from that number.

"Twelve," I whispered. But Dave seem to hear me when he asked me a question.

"What is it, love?"

"Do you know this number?" I asked, showing him my phone and the missed calls I got from an unknown number.

His brows narrowed, as if something's going on in his mind, then followed by a slow head shook.

It's fine, no worries, I'll just delete my history, no big deal.

"Kinda strange, are you sure it isn't from a delivery?" Said Dave.

I quickly shook my head. I don't have any upcoming parcels. In fact, I don't order stuff online since months ago.

"Just shake it off, I deleted my history already."

Wala akong nakuhang sagot sa kanya. I think it made sense since he's driving this Rolls Royce.

We both turned silent until we stopped on a fast food drive-thru. My brows narrowed as I watch him take some cash in his leather wallet and preparing to order to the teller.

I watched him as he speak and didn't say a word. My straight face remained still until I heard what he had ordered.

"Can you get me half a dozen of hash browns, two breakfast sandwiches, and two large cup of vanilla latte, with extra foam please?" said him.

I almost choke while looking at him, that's a lot of food. I know I did not ate any breakfast yet but, doesn't he think this is too much?

"Is that all, sir?" Said the teller.

"That will be all,"tipid na sagot ni Dave.

The both of us remained silent for a few minutes, until he broke the deafening silence surrounding us.

"Hey, is there a problem?" He asked me sweetly.

"Nothing. I just ran out of words to say, sorry."

He didn't responded but instead looked at me sweetly and intently. He gently held my hand and brought it to kiss.

We both smiled after, what did I do in my past life to have this man in my life?

Dave quickly turned to the opposite direction when the teller called him to get his order. He then did so and handed him a cash with his tip. We soon left the drive thru and proceeded to drive away until we stopped in an empty road. We thought it's a great idea for us to eat our meal there, so we did.

***
"A good morning to you, Sir Abella, Miss," the security guard greeted us with whole courtesy.

We received a lot of bows from the employees the moment we stepped inside the building. We just continued walking across till we reached the elevator.

We are the only ones inside, Dave pushed the top floor button since his office is built there, as well as mine. Dave loves heights so maybe that's why he chooses the top floor to build his office.

Tahimik lang kaming naghihintay sa loob ng elevator na mapunta kami sa top floor. I started to get goosebumps the time I saw the whole city gradually shrinken. Habang pataas kami nang pataas ay mas lumiliit ang mga nakikita naming mga gusali.

The wall is made of glass so I can clearly see the view of our city as the elevator was moving upward. Dave saw me trembling in my knees and started embracing me and made me avoid looking at the walls by hugging me and blocking the wall with his back.

"Better?" He said.

I didn't responded. Instead, I hugged him more tightly and squeezed his shoulders. We remained in our position until we reach top floor.

As I was making my way to my office, Dave began to stop me. I looked around to tell him what was that for.

"I'm merging your office to mine,"