I

𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐀 𝐏𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐑 wasn't scared of the apocalypse

𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐀 𝐏𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐑 wasn't scared of the apocalypse. At first, she was terrified when the dead were eating her own species alive. 

Who wouldn't be?

After watching her friends and even some of her family being devoured and chewed up by cannibalistic monsters, she lost the people closest to her. 

If you told the younger version of the 14 year-old girl that the deceased were up and kicking, she would've simply laughed in your face, patted you on the back and walked away to go and spend time trying to understand her brother more.

But if you told her the same thing now, you'd probably startle her by sneaking up on her and accidentally get stabbed.

Pris shivered as the cold air dragged a slender finger up her already freezing spine. She kneeled down and collected her belongings; her backpack, her knives and her empty gun.

Her fingertips were dirty, her palms were sweaty yet dry at the same time and her nails were stuffed to the brim with soil and mud. 

The teenager stood up and began her long limp towards the next tree that she would camp in.

That was her tactic; go from tree to tree and sleep up there for the night. If anybody found her, she would have the high ground.

That was if she wasn't asleep. Not that she would get any anyways.

Her brown-to-blonde hair was tangled and coated in a thin layer of grease and her eyes were bloodshot red from her lack of rest. 

Her lips were chapped and flaking and her nose was blocked - she probably had a cold, maybe even the flu. But she hadn't any time to rest.

Usually, when she was sick, her mother and father would try their hardest to keep her healthy whilst her smart-ass brother would bark orders at them from his room in the loft, not wanting to go anywhere near her as her sickness would - according to his words - spread and contaminate his immune system with her illness. 

Eugene Porter was strange - Priscilla loved him, but nevertheless he was strange. He would never speak like a normal human being, but he wasn't normal so it made sense.

He was incredibly intelligent, he never specified quite how high his IQ was to her but she knew it was at least over 130.

Their relationship was interesting, to say the least. Despite Eugene rarely ever leaving his room, he, mostly, always welcomed her into his room. 

She liked to watch him play his video games and talk to people online. His smart demeanour tended to piss most people off.

They barely talked much, but they always had this unspoken routine - wake up, go to school, go to his room for about two hours and watch him play games. Then, have dinner (she'd bring his up to his room sometimes) and go to sleep.

She wanted to miss him. So badly.

But after witnessing everyone she cared about getting mauled by people she used to care about, she thought that not missing him was for the best.

Because everyone she cared about died, and she definitely did not want Eugene Porter to die.

Priscilla begrudgingly walked through the woods, unsure whether or not she would be able to even make it to a bigger tree. She regretted not just staying at the old tree.

She hated having to move, but it was worth it. Even if her sprained ankle was throbbing.

If someone saw her in her temporary, make-shift bed, they could attack at any time.

But there were so many trees in the forest - nobody could just guess.

Just as she was about to turn the corner, she saw a flash of grey out of the corner of her eye. 

Trees weren't grey.

She came to a halt and turned around, expecting an abandoned house or something. She was met with a prison, surrounded by walkers on the left and right side. Priscilla knew that walkers could sense when a person was nearby, so while she kept her distance, she knew that the prison was occupied.

The girl turned around and was shocked to see two men, one probably about double her age and one triple. 

Man a's face was naturally creased with a frown yet not conveying much emotion and Man b's was similar but much more scared than the man before.

About to say something, she opened her mouth before her vision was out and all that she could see was black.

╰┈➤ ❝  a/n  ❞