Chapter Nine ~ Hallucinate

Looking to his side, Coffee Cup saw Recycling Bin, still asleep next to him. He sighed before reaching over the nightstand and grabbing his phone. Recycling Bin shuffled a little and grasped to Coffee Cup tightly like a baby, who smirked and rubbed his back as he scrolled through his socials. Nothing new. A notification. Just one. CC looked at the gray bar. A warning, it was blurry, he couldn't read it. He squinted his eyes before a bright red appeared in front of him and it blared. 
     He looked down from his phone, Recycling Bin shaking in his arms. "THIS IS NOT A TEST." It shouted. It cut to the news. It felt like a fever dream to the two. The man on the TV explained to the audience, "Hello. Some of you may have noticed that population has been going down. You may have also noticed devil-like creatures and other people acting strange., as if they'r-" Recycling Bin cut the man off by turning off the TV. Coffee Cup looked at him, taking in his heavy breathing and anxious look. He rubbed his shoulder to comfort him. "Coffee Cup, I- I've seen it too... They're disappearing.. Biscuit went into the woods and never came back, and- and so did El Nudelo Spider! Trowel's missing and-" Another cutoff. 
     Coffee Cup rested his sweaty palm over RB's mouth. "Calm down. You're an anxiety beast." He uncovered Recycling Bin's mouth, who replied with a sigh and said, "I'm just lost. Everyone is disappearing left and right." Coffee Cup's face fell. He pursed his lips uncomfortably before speaking. "I know, Recycling Bin. I'm scared too. But at least we have each other." 
"Promise to keep me safe?" 
"...Promise." 
     The two looked at each other lovingly, before CC spoke again, "Let's have some breakfast. Do you think it might help to eat something?" Recycling Bin nodded, so Coffee Cup grabbed his hand and got up, taking Recycling Bin with him and walking to the kitchen, both hand-in-hand. 

(Time skip because I'm demotivated and I don't feel like writing allat.) 

     The day went by fairly well for the two. Everyone seemed normal, well... Their new normal. Again. Recycling Bin stayed in his apartment the whole day in fear of what might happen. The sun was dying, ready to set in the west again, the end of another day. Recycling Bin and Coffee Cup watched the sunset on the balcony. Sighing, CC began to rub Recycling Bin's back. "How are you feeling?" He asked. RB continued watching the sky as he mustered up the courage to say, "Better." 
     The sky's color died rapidly, and the two headed inside. As the did, RB heard a small 'psst.' He shivered as he heard it, his eyes widening as he feels something slither upon him. He turns around, and no one's there. "Coffee Cup-.." He whimpered, to which CC turned and looked over at him. "I think I'm losing it." RB spoke.