05

Joe

"Where you at?" I had to yell into my phone over the crowd talking around me. 

I was trying to call Ja'Marr because he was supposed to meet me at this party he wanted me to go to so bad. I hope this whole night wasn't a huge mistake. 

"Walking in right now." He answered me, I told him I would see him in a minute and walked towards the front of the house. The music was thumping around me while girls were climbing all over some of the football players. 

I spotted Ja'Marr walking in with Blake and the girl that I kept seeing everywhere, she kind of looked uncomfortable in the scene she was entering. To be honest I was mentally feeling that exact same way. Would I admit that out loud? No, I wouldn't. I am the quarterback I am supposed to be fun and live life to the fullest but truthfully I wasn't feeling that way currently. 

"Joe! Hey, you look handsome." I heard a voice and I turned to see who it was, Amanda. I mentally rolled my eyes, I wasn't the biggest fan of her. 

"Hey Amanda..." I trailed off trying to catch Ja'Marr's eyes to come save me, however he also didn't like Amanda. 

"Want to come get a drink with me?" Amanda raised an eyebrow. 

"Hey Joe, ready to give Ryli a tour of the frat house?" Ja'Marr came up to me with Blake and Ryli trailing. 

"Yeah let's go, sorry Amanda maybe later." I shrugged at her mentally taking note that I owe Ja'Marr for this. Amanda rolled her eyes and huffed away. 

"Thanks man, I owe you." I gave Ja'Marr a handshake. 

"Nah man, I know how she is. I don't know how she didn't see it plastered all over your face." Marr laughed at me. I sighed, I needed a drink after all. 

The four of us walked to where the drinks were, me and Ja'Marr talking about our season the whole time. With the girls walking in front of us, "You better apologize tonight, she's a nice girl", Ja'Marr gave me a look. 

"I will okay?" I shook my head with a smile. Ja'Marr was very good about making friends and he seemed to really like Ryli, so I will apologize for him. And also maybe because I was being a dick...

Ryli

"Finally, this was very much needed."I laughed grabbing a red solo cup of whatever was in the big jug on the table. It tasted like Kool-Aid and I could see this possibly becoming a problem. 

"Damn girl, slow down." Ja'Marr nudged my arm which made some of the liquid spill on my arm.  Ja'Marr quickly grabbed a towel with his eyes wide as soon as he saw what he did, I laughed at his face because he looked so concerned so I told him it was okay before he could even apologize. The group all got a cup and made our way into the living room again where the music was blaring. 

It almost felt like someone was staring at me but I decided to try to ignore that feeling. Try to enjoy the moment and hang out with Blake who was swaying her hips to the song and I could tell she was a dancer when she drinks. Which I can't lie depending on the environment I could become a dancer too. 

Two minutes later when I got that burning feeling again though I turned my head slightly to the left to where the boys were standing and I felt Joe Burrows eyes meet mine. My cheeks felt hot and I immediately looked down at my feet, his stare was intense with those blue eyes of his. 

I vowed to not look over at him again, he couldn't have the satisfaction of knowing he got me all flustered by his stare. No way, I wasn't giving into Joe Burrow. 

"I am going to get another drink, be right back." I shook my cup to Blake and she nodded her head, "If you don't come back in five I will come looking" she laughed and went back to nodding her head to the music.