09

Ryli

Our Friday night did not go how I planned it, but I guess that was life and you just took what it gave you. That little squabble that happened between Nick and Joe would probably make me be forever in debt to Joe for sticking up for me.

"Let's get you out of here yeah?" Joe raised an eyebrow at me.

"Yes please." I smiled up at him, Ja'Marr and Blake followed us out as they were now done with the banquet as well.

"You guys going to get in trouble over that man?" Ja'Marr asked Joe.

"Listen Marr, we can talk about it later okay?" Joe gave him a look to which I guess Ja'Marr understood.

We got to the dorms and Blake and Ja'Marr were ahead of Joe and I, and I turned to him, "Can I clean your face?"

Joe slightly laughed, "I mean if you think it needs cleaning."

Once we got our door unlocked, Ja'Marr and Blake went to her room to watch a movie, leaving Joe and I by ourselves. I led Joe to the bathroom and had him stand while I grabbed some first aide supplies.

"Here, sit there." I pulled out a chair that Blake and I use when we do our makeup and hair. Joe thanked me and took a seat. His cut on his eyebrow wasn't too deep but it could use some cleaning and a butterfly bandage to help keep it closed.

"You don't have to do this." Joe said as he looked at me, even with him sitting on this seat we were about the same height now.

"Shhh, I want to. Your poor eye." I stuck my bottom lip out. It made me sad his pretty face was hurt because of me.

"Yeah, well if you think this is bad you should see the other guy." His laughed. I shook my head laughing with him.

"Thank you Joe, you didn't have to stick up for me but you did and I appreciate that. I know we didn't start off on a great foot, but you're a good guy." I gave him a smile.

"You're welcome Ryli, it wasn't okay the stuff he was saying and it just pissed me off so bad I couldn't just stand there." Joe said, a look of anger passed through his eyes. This was the first time that a guy had ever gotten in a fight for me, and I was really flattered it was Joe.

"Like I said I appreciate it, it was really sweet of you. Maybe all guys don't suck." I winked at him.

"Nick sucks, and honestly I might go to coach and see if he can get benched for a some games. It wasn't cool starting shit with the football team." Joe shook his head.

I nodded slightly and then focused on cleaning the cut for Joe, being this close to him again and being able to smell his cologne, and after tonight. I just feel safe in his presence. He winced slightly as I dabbed some liquid on it and placed a tiny butterfly bandaged on it.

"I'm sorry Joe, but we're all done!" I said giving him a little smile.

"Thank you, I'm good as new." Joe smirked before he began speaking again, "Ryli, how are you really after tonight?"

I slightly tensed up at his question because honestly I didn't know how I felt about it all. On one hand I was hurt that Nick turned out to be an asshole, and on the other hand I was kind of glad to cut him off. But what him and some of the team did, that one hurt a little bit. I can't believe they could just make bets like that.

"Um, honestly I'm hurt they made the bet in the first place. No girl wants to be bet on like that, it was kind of a slap in the face." I said as Joe hopped up from the seat.

"Do you want to go sit in my room and talk?" I raised an eyebrow at him before he had the chance to begin speaking, he agreed and we went to my room and sat on the bed.