08

‼️ Trigger Warning: Name calling towards the end ‼️

Ryli

The week was dragging by but somehow I made it to Thursday, Nick was still texting me and somehow I hadn't gotten the nerve to tell him I was going to their banquet with Joe. Not that I owed it to him, we weren't on romantic terms we were just getting to know each other. And to be fair Ja'Marr was the one that set me up.

Joe and I had also been texting back and forth, but those conversations were more about the banquet, I didn't know how fancy I was supposed to dress. Or what the plans were getting there, to which Joe said he would come get me. It still felt odd I was going with Joe, but I was beginning to get more and more excited about tomorrow.

Ja'Marr had helped me pick a black dress to wear that was elegant and not to over the top, since he knew the vibe of the banquet. To say he was excited was an understatement, he was bringing Blake and we were all pretty excited to go.

"Hey! Ryli wait up!" I heard a voice yell my name through the hall.

"Hey Nick." I gave him a smile as we continued walking.

"I wanted to ask you something." He smiled back.

"Of course, ask away." I nodded, this was probably where it was going to get awkward.

"We have this football banquet tomorrow night, the whole team goes and they are able to bring a plus one...so I was wondering if you maybe wanted to go with me?" He looked hopeful and I took in a breath, here goes nothing.

"Look Nick, I would love to but someone already asked me." I bit my lip waiting for his reaction. He looks slightly caught off guard and I kinda don't blame him.

"Oh-huh, well never mind then." He set his lips into a hard line and I could tell he was kind of annoyed.

"I'm sorry Nick, they just asked a couple days ago..." I tried explaining.

"It's fine Ryli, I just have been telling the whole team how I was into you. So I wanna know who went behind my back." He shrugged his shoulders and turned to go the other way.

"I'm sorry Nick!" I yelled back at him, he gave me a wave in return and went on his way.

Nick was telling the whole football team he was into me? I wonder if he really did tell Joe, or why Joe asked me if he knew Nick wanted to. Now things weren't adding up but I couldn't think about all of that right now.

- Friday Night -

I was putting earrings in when Blake began calling my name. I was in a long black sparkly dress with black heels on. My hair was curled and I wore slightly more makeup than I normally do, just to feel more put together tonight.

"What's up?" I yelled back at her.

"Ja'Marr and Joe are here!" She yelled again, we all decided to walk over together since it was in one of the dance hall buildings. I checked myself once over again and put on some lip gloss before walking out of the bathroom and into our living room.

Two very nicely dressed men in suits were in front of me and Blake. I couldn't lie Joe looked really good in his grey suit with purple tie, an ode to the LSU colors.

 I couldn't lie Joe looked really good in his grey suit with purple tie, an ode to the LSU colors