Chapter Three: First Night in Tartarus

The next day, Masato was walking towards the school entrance before he stopped and he overcame some girls talking about being tired before mentioning that the next day there was a morning assembly. The first bell rang as Masato entered the gate as the two girls stopped talking and rushed in. 

And in the middle of Lunch break, Masato sat at his desk as he ate the lunch he bought while some students were busy talking. But the doors to the classroom opened and eventually went silent as Mitsuru walked in and stood in front of Masato's desk. 

Mitsuru: Can I have a minute? 

Masato: Sure. What is it? 

Mitsuru: Come to the lounge when you get back to the dorm. I have something to tell everyone. 

Masato: So it's about tonight. Sure I'll be there. 

Mitsuru: I'll save the details for later. See you later. 

She said as she turned to leave the room and once the door closed, the students who were silent started to talk. And after a long day at school, it was time for the talk Mitsuru mentioned at lunch, as everyone took seats and Ikutsuki began speaking. 

Ikutsuki: Okay, everybody's here. I'd like your undivided attention. For a long time, Mitsuru and Akihiko were the only Persona-users we had. But, that number recently jumped to six. Therefore… Starting tonight at 12:00Am, I'd like to commence the exploration of Tartarus. 

Junpei: Sorry… I asked this yesterday, but what's this Tartarus thing again? 

Yukari: You haven't seen it, Junpei? 

Junpei: Hm…? 

Ikutsuki: It's no surprise…since it only appears during the Dark Hour. 

Junpei: The Dark Hour…? 

Akihiko: Just like the Shadows… Interesting, huh? And it's a perfect place for us to train. You can think of it as a Shadow nest. 

Junpei: Whoa… Their nest, huh…? 

Yukari: But, Senpai… What about your injury? 

She asked as she eyed Akihiko's injured arm that was in a small cast. 

Mitsuru: Since Akihiko hasn't fully recovered yet, he'll only come as far as the entrance. 

Akihiko: ...Yeah, I know. 

Ikutsuki: Well, I'm sure he won't complain, as long as you don't go too far in. Since we're dealing with Shadows, Tartarus isn't something we can avoid. 

Junpei: Relax, I've got your backs. 

Masato: I'm not sure if anyone could trust someone who looked just like you.

Yukari: I'm not sure about this… 

Mitsuru: What about you, Mr. Chairman? 

Ikutsuki: I'll stay here. As you know, I can't summon a Persona… 

He said with a small huff and SEES walked out of the dorms, currently they were standing by the closed gate of the school as Akihiko pulled out his phone to check the time. 

Junpei: This is it? THIS is the place? Why HERE? 

Akihiko: Just wait a few minutes… It's almost midnight. 

He said before the clock hit Midnight as the entire area and school started to change drastically as a tall tower now stood before the team.