II

"𝐖𝐇𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐄 hell would you hit a girl on the head with yer gun? She weren't even holding her knife well!" The southern man barked

Man b shrunk and looked down in shame, "I didn't mean to! I swear, I was on edge because of the walkers and the Governor. Everything's been too much and something's... something's wrong with Maggie."

"Jesus, didn't want ye whole life story." Man a retorted.

Priscilla loudly groaned and rubbed the back of her head. Her scalp was covered with a new bandage.

That wasn't there before.

Bolting up from her laying position on the ground, she looked around. 

She wasn't in the forest. Why wasn't she in the forest?

She took in her surroundings and came to the conclusion that she was in a cell, probably in cell block A according to the signs on the wall. She was sleeping on the hard ground, so her back ached like she was already elderly.

And then she realised; this was Man a and Man b.

"Hey! You're the assholes that hit me in the head," the young girl exclaimed, annoyed.

They shared a look.

"Who are you?" Man b asked.

"No, who are you? You're the one that kidnapped me."

He was quick to retaliate, "We didn't kidnap you. You would've been eaten alive."

"You didn't answer my question, amigo. Who the hell are you?"

Man a replied this time, "Daryl. This is Glenn. Who're you?"

She grinned. "Priscilla. Porter, but I guess last names aren't that relevant now. Probably won't know my family, you're not a teacher, I don't work and you're not Jod-"

She coughed, realising her mistake. Not only did she overshare, but she stepped into a bit of her memories that she wasn't ready to touch yet.

Both men shared another look, clearly confused, so Daryl spoke up.

"Right. We need to ask ya some things." 

"Why should I trust you?" The teen asked. So far, she had experienced her fair share of -mainly men- thinking that she was a weak woman on her own in the dark woods and trying to hurt her. She knew you couldn't trust anyone anymore. Not in the apocalypse.

"We could keep you safe." He replied.

She knew this was risky. She could potentially be an easy target since she assumed they took away her weapons.

It was a stupid decision, but she wouldn't just pass up an opportunity for safety. 

"Fine. Comprende. Okay. I can do that. Ask away."

"How many walkers have you killed?"

"Around a hundred? I dunno, who even counts?"

"How many people?"

She hesitated. "One."

His face was a little surprised. Maybe he thought she had killed more. She was alone and she had been for sometime, so who would protect her if not herself. Nevertheless, he was at least a little curious.

This time, Glenn spoke. "Why?"

Her eyes slightly watered and her hands began to shake. Her breathing quickened, but she tried her absolute hardest to calm down. She couldn't show weakness.

"I was scared and young. They startled me."

He nodded, not prying on the subject anymore.

"Alright. We'll take you to meet the others girl." Daryl paused. "But don't try nothing."

"I won't."

╰┈➤ ❝  a/n  ❞