Chapter 28 - 5 Years Old

It's been a couple of months since we got the news of Ai's pregnancy, so she was already well on her way toward the second trimester.

Although I've never tested its effect on pregnancy, I've been using some healing magic on the growing baby bump every night before bed, hoping to stop any complications.

As for my currently-born children, Ruby and Aqua are now five and... not much has really changed.

We decided to announce Ai's pregnancy during their birthday, giving a big surprise to the two kids as well as Ichigo and Miyako who were visiting.

Aqua took it in stride, although he did seem a little worried about something.

Maybe he's wondering if Ai will neglect him with the new baby? 

But he never seemed like the type to want much parental attention...

Well, I guess I'll talk to him about it if it becomes a big issue.

And Ruby, well, she was all smiles, wanting to be the 'best big sister' around.

Ai and I thought it was cute, so we've been bringing our idol-in-training along any time we've gotten stuff for the baby and the nursery, much to her delight.

As for Ai... well... the worry she showed me about not having any purpose seems to have dissipated with the upcoming responsibility as she's well and truly transformed into 'mom mode'.

As great as that is, she'll still need to get some hobbies.

Hopefully, once her fame dies down she can start doing things in public, perhaps even gaining a few friends through Ruby and Aqua's schooling.

As for the band, now named Nimbus, the other three guys decided to do their own music projects on the side, seemingly inspired by the release of our second album and their desire to do live performances.

So that was good.

The money was also flowing in from royalties.

While Nimbus was fairly popular in Japan after the first album, it's really taken off in North America thanks to Strawberry Production's ever-increasing internet presence with the new release.

That was also good.

What was not so good, however, was the current argument going on inside my head.

"What's up, Cassius?" Aqua says from my side.

"Nothing, just thinking..." I respond.

"About what?"

"Whether I should deliver your sibling or not."

That seems to quiet him down as Aqua rests his hand on his chin in contemplation.

"Indeed, your healing magic would be a boon for any delivery complications, but you can't exactly show it off to the public..." He mutters under his breath.

"And while I'm a good healer, I'm no midwife. So yep, that's the crux of the problem." I finish.

The room falls into silence once again as I go over my options.

At least, until Aqua speaks up.

"Why don't you just learn how to deliver a baby?" He says.

Of course, there was that.

It's not like I haven't thought of it, and I've even researched it a little bit.

But the problem was...

"I don't know where to start with that. Most midwives and doctors need four years of schooling at least, and while I'm smart, I'm not that smart."

Delivering a baby was actually quite simple.