Chapter 2

I was up in my room texting my friends when my parents called me downstairs for dinner. When I got there, I was surprised to see everyone at the dinner table. My brother and my parents were all there for the first time in 2 months. My parents were acting how they used to act, kind and funny. It was like my perfect family was back. The only thing that was different was Jesse, he was still acting all grumpy and moody and this time, he kept yelling at mom and dad for completely no reason. I yelled at him to stop but he didn't listen to me, after that Jesse stormed off without saying a word to mom and dad, but he said to me,

" Wait until I tell you what they have been up to this whole time!"

I wonder what he meant by that. My parents and I were silent for some time. Then we continued talking. After dinner, I went to my room and continue texting my friends, but I never did tell them about what happened tonight, well I was up texting them till about 11:00 PM. A t 3:00 AM, I woke up because I heard mom, dad and Jesse downstairs. I heard screams. I went downstairs and peeked behind a wall to see what's going on. Jesse was accusing them of the murders and latest crimes going on in the city. My parents were just quiet. What scared me was that mom and dad a bit weird like insane! They were wearing black as usual, they had blood all over themselves, and they had knives and guns with them as well. My parents were laughing at whatever Jesse said. I was too scared to go and join. Jesse continued shouting,

" Have you gone mad?! look at yourselves what happened to you two? I've been trying to keep up with your attitude, but I've had enough! It's best if Cora knew about this madness."

As soon as he said that mom charged at him and stabbed with her knife. Dad got on top of Jesse and stabbed him more than ten times. They then sliced Jesse into pieces and removed his inner organs. As soon as saw that I wanted to scream my lungs out and cry my heart out, but not to be heard. As quietly as I could, I ran up to my room, slammed my door and locked it.

" My brother." I said while tears went down my cheeks. I cried so hard I'm sure my parents could hear. Why did they kill their own son?!?! A series of flashbacks went through my mind. I thought my parents had changed, now things will never be the same with my family, my parents. I knew I had to escape before they found out and kill me too. I didn't take anything with me, well except my phone of course, I jumped out of the window (which really hurt because it was really high from the ground) and ran as fast I could to the nearest police station. My uncle (The only member of my extended family that I ever knew) Uncle Nick, asked me what the matter was. I told him everything that happened. At first, he didn't believe me, but I insisted to take him to my house. When we got there, the house (Mansion) was empty was empty. well, the furniture was still there but my mom and dad weren't in sight. My uncle was a police officer, so he had his gun and flashlight. He didn't see anything suspicious but when he got to the kitchen, he just stood there in complete total state of shock. There was blood everywhere. Jesse's body, I mean dissected body was on the floor. I looked away. My uncle started tearing up and then called for backup. We went to my parents' room and saw that my parents' things were all gone. It was like they moved out of the house. After some time, the rest of the police came to the house. They told me to wait outside just in case my crazy parents were still inside. After thirty minutes of investigating, the police came out with nothing or nobody except Jesse's body. When I saw the police put his body in that black sack (You know, the one they put the corpses in) I felt like crying again, this time even louder. Uncle Nick hugged me lightly as he teared up as well....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~