𝐒𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐎𝐥𝐝

You feel awful during the week. Nothing to do with pregnancy symptoms but the fact that your husband– Rather, ex-husband is just the biggest scum that you've ever come across. You knew that he didn't want kids, and you should've expected his response to be an abortion. You just didn't expect him to react happily at the thought that he finally trapped you, meaning that he doesn't care about the fact that you're having a baby, he just wants you unable to go anywhere.

You've grown to resent him even more. And you're growing to resent yourself because you can't stop loving him. You wish you could rip your heart out and get rid of your feelings, alas, it isn't that simple. You'll have to learn to move on slowly, and balance the love and resentment that you hold of him... The father of your child.

Maybe he's right. Maybe you should get an abortion so you're not tied to him for the rest of your life. But you also want to be a mother, even if it means that you're stuck with Toji one way or another.

Your personal issues leave you absentminded at work. You barely hear the phone ringing, and when you do, it's almost too late. You luckily pick it up. That's your only job, answering phones, it'd be a shame if you couldn't do that correctly.

"I'm here to talk to–" You hear a very familiar voice, and you feel a sigh leave your lips as you look up at him. You finish the conversation on the phone, and when you hang up, you clear your throat to ask,

"What are you doing here, Toji?" You make it clear that you're not exactly pleased with his presence, and he rolls his eyes at your reaction. He isn't here for you either way. He opens his mouth to speak but you do it before him, "Will you please leave me alone? I think we need a lot of time away from each other before–"

"Toji!" You turn your head to the woman that calls out his name. A manager in your workplace. She walks over to Toji, and you watch as they share a hug, one that lasts too much for your liking. They've known each other for some time, that's clear, but Toji hasn't come around in the time that you've been working here. She looks at you and orders, "Tell my assistant to cancel all my meetings."

"Yes, ma'am." You respond, watching as she walks back to her office and he follows behind. You do as she says, dialing the extension and telling the assistant that his boss is occupied. You feel your blood boil, even though you don't care about Toji's romances. If he has something going on with that woman, it obviously started while you were together.

Your chest feels heavy, thinking about the one time you chased him around thinking that he was cheating, but he was just working. Maybe he didn't have to go elsewhere because his job had all he needed. Maybe you trusted him too much. You shouldn't care, you're already separated anyway. But you have to know.

You obviously can't barge into the office and demand answers, matter of fact, you still don't really want to talk to Toji. You try to not pay any attention to him, and to do that you decide to look at baby clothes. You shouldn't, you don't have the money for it right now, there's other things you should figure out. It doesn't hurt to look though.

Someone knocks on the reception desk, making you look up and away from the computer screen that displays the cutest onesie. It's the assistant, Nanami. You smile at him, tilting your head to the side before asking, "How may I help you?"

"Why did she cancel?" He asks, and you shrug.

"She's with Toji. Probably fuc–" You keep the thought to yourself. You don't want to be inappropriate at work. Nanami's brows raise.

"You think there's something going on there? She's just really flirty and he returns it because he's trying to sell something to her." He tells you, and you sigh. You want that to be the situation because you can't stand the thought of hating Toji but knowing that he's been cheating might be your final straw. "That's what some people say though. I have no idea. Others say that they're together."