𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠

After finding out you're having a girl, you go a little overboard buying clothes for her. You know that Toji isn't particularly excited about the idea, but you are. You've always wanted a baby girl, and you can't believe that you're finally getting one. The situation isn't all that ideal, but you're happy.

Toji gives you money to pay your bills, and you work to buy everything you need for your baby. And obviously a bit more– Too many clothes and toys even if your baby won't use half of them. You're convinced that she won't lack anything growing up, and that eases every worry in your mind. Well... Not all.

Will you be a good mom? You hope so, even though you're not sure if you're doing the right thing. You know you'll mostly be alone, and the thought begins to consume your mind at night. You know you'll try your best, but you're not sure if that'll be enough. Maybe with Toji's help you'll do better but you can't really count on him. Although he's really trying.

He's really trying his best, you notice it when he sends you a message almost in the middle of the night, asking if you wanted to go out shopping for baby clothes. He hasn't seen that you have your closet full out outfits for your babygirl, but you aren't going to reject his offer because of that. He's inviting you out because he's willing to pay, and you're not going to say no either.

You agree on a time for him to pick you up, and you go to sleep, not thinking twice about your day with Toji. It's not like you have to think much about it, Toji is doing everything in his power to get in your good graces, and he thinks shopping will do the trick. He isn't entirely wrong.

"You're glowing." Toji tells you with a smile when he picks you up. It's not a baseless compliment, you do look absolutely stunning. Your pregnancy is doing you well so far.

"Thank you." You mutter, a bit taken back by his compliment but you won't make a big deal out of it. You know his game, and showing that you're excited about his compliment might paint a different picture. You walk out of the apartment and begin to head to his car, his hand going to the small of your back as he walks next to you.

"I think the mall opened up a new shop for babies–" He begins, and you cut him off.

"They did! They have the cutest clothes." You say, and you end up biting your tongue. That gives it away, "Or so I heard."

"Right." He chuckles. He's not oblivious, he sometimes happens to drive by and he sees you with bags filled with clothes. Yeah... He happens to drive by. "It's okay, you don't have to hide from me that you're excited about baby girl."

"I'm not hiding it." You claim, although you are. You don't want him to know that you're spending too much on baby clothes that she'll outgrow within weeks. Plus, you don't want him to wonder where you're getting all that extra money when you told him you would quit your second job.  You get to his car and get inside. You're immediately hit with awkward silence mainly because you're not in the mood to talk to him. He's asking questions, and getting met with dry answers.

"Have you thought of baby names?" He asks, and your brows raise. You have pretty much everything planned out except the most important detail, the name. What would be the perfect name for your baby girl?

"I haven't." You confess, a bit disappointed in yourself. Toji chuckles when he glances at you and sees the look on your face. He didn't expect that to be your reaction, with how excited you are about everything. But then again he understands that you're stressed.

"You still have some time, don't worry about it." Toji reassures you but that really doesn't make you feel better. Because if you don't stress about it, nobody else will. "I mean, picking a name isn't all that difficult anyway."

"Yeah, you're saying that because you didn't even name Megumi." But you regret even saying those words when you remember that Toji was the one that named his son. You feel a sudden sadness slowly start to consume you, but you manage to push it away. Megumi was planned, your daughter wasn't. Plus, you wouldn't want him of all people to name your daughter. Before he can correct you, you slightly change the topic, "I want to get her name stitched on some things."