twenty-nine

MESS IT UP
ACT TWENTY-NINE! - ' jealous? '
date - 16 / 04 / 2024

DAISY'S EYES SCOURED THE glass boxes lined in front of her, gio chewing his mint gum obnoxiously loud directly behind her

"so, are you going to propose to her, like, tomorrow or something?" he asked, making her head snap back towards him. "no, no obviously not. there's so much planning that goes into this- like i don't even know if she wants to really do this yet i'm just like-" gio rolled his eyes, cutting her off with a groan.

"just pick the damn ring already lady i want a cinnabon." he mumbled, cracking his knuckles. daisy shook her head, sighing under her breath as she took another step towards the next glass box.

a smile pulled at her lips as her eyes found the exact ring she was looking for, waving over the worker behind the counter, a professional woman in her late-50s with her greying hair pulled into a slick bun.

"tell me about this one." daisy requests, pointing out the ring she had her eye on. the woman genuinely smiles, reaching into the box and delicately removing the ring, placing it on the counter in front of daisy.

"you, my lady, have a good eye. this is a 1.36 carat carat, oval-cut diamond with marquise shape diamonds surrounding the band. it is absolutely gorgeous." the woman explains, daisy smiling.

"does this one happen to be a size 6?" daisy asks, and the woman nods. "it is, would you be wanting to purchase this today?" she asks, her eyebrows raising slightly. "if that'd be alright?" daisy raises her eyebrow back, and the woman nods dubiously.

"it depends, this ring is very expensive." the woman spoke protectively, daisy having to choke back a scoff. "i can afford it." daisy deadpans, the woman squinting her eyes at daisy as she packed the ring into a bag, surely expecting to put it right back once she said the price.

she walks daisy to the counter, clearing her throat. "your total comes to $8,633 after tax." the worker winces at the price, but daisy just smiles. "perfect, debit please."

gio pinches the bridge of his nose behind her, shaking his head. daisy taps her card, the smile never leaving her face. the worker nods, a small frown on her face, handing her the bag. "congratulations." she speaks with little enthusiasm, watching daisy's back as she leaves the store.

"are you insane?" gios voice cuts through daisy's idyllic daze. "hmm?" she mumbles back. "$8000? on an engagement ring?" he almost shouts and she quickly shushes him, holding the bag tighter to her figure. "like that's a lot?" she laughs, jabbing him in the ribs. "don't worry baby, cinnabons on me!" she says, blowing him a kiss from over her shoulder.

gio wanders after her, shaking his head at her impulsive behaviour. daisy pays for him to get a cinnabon, which he immediately digs into and forgets all about daisy's $9000 mall trip, something he knew he was supposed to reprimand her for.