Chainsaw Man: Prolouge

"I don't care if you need to whore yourself out, or if you steal it, get 700,000 yen by tomorrow, or you'll join your pops."

A young six-year-old boy, named Denji, stands at a makeshift grave for his father. He silently cries, knowing he won't get the money.

Denji: "I...I hate you..."

He then breaks the grave, stomping it down.

Denji: "I HATE YOU!! I'M GLAD YOU'RE GONE!!"

He calms down, and realizes what he did, before breaking down again. He hears rustling in the bushes but sees nothing. He decides to go back to an old worn-down shack, wanting a good final rest. As he sleeps, a large Devil with chainsaws on it approaches the boy. The Devil watches him for a while, before realizing that Denji is watching him. The Devil growls at him.

Denji: "You're hurt..."

The Devil looks down at its wound but growls a little more at him.

Denni: "If you need blood, you can have mine in the morning...just please let me sleep one last time..."

The Devil crouches down next to him and hesitantly comforts him. Denji cries a little, before moving closer to the Devil. The Devil gently picks him up to comfort the boy and watches as he sleeps. As Denji dreams, the Devil appears there.

Denji: "Who are you?"

Devil: "Chainsaw Man."

Denji: "Oh...I...I don't think I've heard of you before."

Chainsaw Man: "You shouldn't have. Why are you crying in this shack?"

Denji: "Why do you care? You're a Devil, aren't you? Why not just kill me now? At least you'll be quick...I hope."

Chainsaw Man looks at him for a little, before crouching down.

Chainsaw Man: "Do you want to live?"

Denji: "..."

Chainsaw Man patiently waits.

Denji: "Yes."

Chainsaw Man nods and stands up, easily dwarfing any human, but still smaller than some other Devils

Chainsaw Man: "What's your name?"

Denji: "Denji..."

Chainsaw Man: "Okay then Denji...I wanna make a contract with you."

The next morning

The Yakuza leader arrives at an abandoned warehouse that Denji is in. There, Denji stares at him.

Tax Collector: "Well? Where is it?"

Denji smirks and stares at him.

Denji: "I don't have it."

Tax Collector: "Scoff...you little shit. I gave you a chance and you decided to disrespect me. I promised you I'd chop you up, didn't I?"

Denji smirks widely, before grabbing a cord sticking out of his chest and pulling it.