Chapter 20

Life was normal but rather chaotic. Yibo and I were back at work, and because I was working from home, there was never a need for us to have a nanny. A-yuan hated staying with anyone other than family. 

Yibo's mom says he is very similar to Yibo. He was sensitive to pheromones, and if he wasn't used to them, he would fuss. There are so many things that he does that remind Yibo's mom of him when he was young, to the point that we started suspecting that he might actually be a dominant alpha.

Yibo and I don't really care what his second gender will be, but he is so smart and way ahead of all his milestones that we are also suspecting the same. He is also pretty big for his age.

As I am sitting in the lounge playing with A-yuan, I catch a glimpse of our wedding photos on the wall.

Now there was a drama filled wedding. I wanted something small, Yibo didn't care as long as we got married. His family, on the other hand, wanted a statement wedding like they did with his older brother.

The discussions went back and forth for so long that we were even thinking about eloping. We joked about it with our siblings, who then told our parents, and of course, the drama queens came to our house crying and causing a scene.

In the end, we just decided to let them run with it. They had free reign to do as they please. They just had to tell us the time and place.  We were almost like guests at our own wedding, finding things out with everyone else.

We both thought everything they did was a show off of money, from the value, decor, and outfits. Everything was over the top. But I must give it to them, they worked their magic in 3 months. I guess having money does help.

They even tried to have A-yuan come in on a stroller drawn by a pony, and of course, my son cried like a lamp being led to the slaughter house. He wanted nothing to do with everything. He actually spent the entire wedding sleeping.

Just thinking about that day brought a smile on my face.

I have been waiting for Chen to come over so we can finalize some orders for Yibo's new hotel. It's been a blessing working with him. He is very efficient and dependable.

Yibo was right. If I had stopped working, I would have been very frustrated with myself. I love doing what I do.

There are interesting behaviors that I have noticed between my brother and Jili. He is always super happy to travel to Beijing and always stays longer than necessary.  He also takes Jili's calls outside.  Yibo also asked me the other day if those two were dating because on a previous trip to Beijing, both Jili and Chen disappeared for a couple of hours only to reappear all disheveled and blushing.

They are both Betas, though, but who am i to say anything. If they love each other, they have my support. I wish they would just stop sneaking around and just tell us already.

These days, I have been extremely fatigued. One could say it's because of my insatiable husband or how busy A-yuan keeps me. Whatever it is, I need to do better about resting and eating well.

When Yibo is away for work, I hardly cook. A-yuan has only recently started on solids, so I have a huge stash of puree meals in the freezer, so I don't have to cake him something every day. Because of that, I am hardly I'm the kitchen.

I think I should take a nap before Chen gets here....

"Ge, wake up. Why are you sleeping in the middle of the day. Aren't you supposed to be working on the invoices?"

"Sorry, I have just been feeling so tired lately."

"Does it have anything to do with the marks on your neck?"