○ twenty six ○

"Come on, one more," Anna taps my thigh just as I complete my fifth chin-up.

My arms burn, cheeks heated and arms shaking as I use all my remaining strength to do another pathetic chin-up before dropping back down.

"That was good," she nods.

As if on cue our eyes enviously scan the other side of the gym where the men are in the 20s with the pull ups.

"We'll get there some day," I bite my lip.

"Oh, trust me, we will."

"What do I do now?"

Her eyes scan the gym, returning to me with a pathetic look in them.

"Nothing you haven't done a thousand sets of before."

"He's such a bitch," I whine, sliding my hands down my face dramatically.

"I think he's trying to make sure you recover well, hon. We'd like to keep you alive."

"Yes but it's been three days. How is he concerned about physical activity now when right after I woke up-"

I stop myself immediately. Too much, I think, wayyyy too much.

"What?" she asks, eyebrows raised.

Don't give it away. Do. Not. Give. It.  Away.

"Nothing," I mumble.

I gave it away.

"Really," Anna corners me in, eyes narrowed, "seems like something of importance happened."

"Nothing happened. Nothing at all," I blush.

Jesus did I need to get a grip.

She leans all the way in, her gaze drifting between my eyes. I stare up at the wall, surprising myself at how white the paint is and how the bend was so crisp and how the lights hit it perfectly.

"What's happening?" Damien breaks the tension.

"Izzy fucked my brother," she turns around to say to Damien nonchalantly.

My jaw drops at the same time as his.

I gasp, "I most definitely did not!"

"Right."

"I did not! We just-"

"Just what?" Damien thrusts his face as close to mine as Anna's.

"Just- Just-"

Their eyeballs are wide with anticipation as they stare at me, waiting for my answer.

"Cuddled." That was probably worse than saying 'sex'. I don't even think I believe myself right now.

"20 bucks, right now."

"You just heard her say they hugged and went to sleep." Anna shoots back.

"Do you believe her?" Damien looks at me suspiciously.

I scoff.

Grumbling, Anna turns around and walks to her gym bag.

"You guys have got to be kidding me!" I exclaim, bewildered.

"Have you seen the way he looks at you?" Anna offers, throwing the money at a giddy Damien.

I shut up immediately.

"He doesn't even look at the gym that way, and we both know he loves nothing more than training."

She looks behind me for a second.

"Matter of fact he's looking at you right now."

I fight every urge in my body to not look.

Damien turns a little too fast. Anna smacks him on the arm.