III

𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐘𝐋 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐆𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐍 had left Priscilla to explore the prison on her own despite her begs for them not to

As she wandered through the prison, she hummed the song 'apocalypse' by cigarettes after sex under her breath. 

It reminded her of the time her brother had attempted to build a radio. 

The songs worked; he could switch the channels to the sports one and the music one, but Eugene was never one for sports. She thought it was just because he wasn't that good at any.

One day, he turned the 3rd music channel on and this song came on. When it ended, however, it didn't stop. It kept replaying and replaying, angering everyone in the house.

She walked throughout the cell block, beaming and waving at anyone who gave her a curious look. Occasionally people asked her about herself to which she responded with not a lot of detail as she didn't know if she was staying yet.

After exploring basically everywhere else, she paused at the kitchen to see a grey-haired woman rationing food. Pris tried her hardest not to make a sound as she looked busy, but failed miserably as she suddenly got the hiccups when she was turning around.

Swearing under her breath, she swiftly turned around and smiled slightly at the lady she had rudely disturbed.

"Priscilla, right? Daryl told me you could be trouble." She grinned.

Her face was immediately tinted with a light blush, "I don't want to cause any trouble. Really! I'm sorry if I interrupted your cooking."

"It's fine, honey. I could actually use some help - I'm sure you don't want to be bombarded with questions on your first day, right?"

"Uh, yeah. Yeah. I mean- no. Not really, it's kinda a lot." She lied through her teeth. She loved all of the attention she was getting. 

She had always been desperate for attention, whether it was good or bad. 

Her parents loved her, they really did. They just loved her brother more. It was the cold, hard truth, but she knew that it was the truth. She just wanted to be love.

"Okay. My name's Carol, by the way." 

Carol. It fit.

"Okie dokie. What are we making?"

"Dinner." Carol answered with a smile.

Priscilla started to -metaphorically- drool. The last time she had eaten was a week ago, and she was starving.

Without warning, an apple was thrown at her. She caught it and rolled it around in her hands before taking a bite.

It was sweet and a little sour. The perfect combination.

"Thanks Carol." 

"It's fine. Now come here, I need help."

And with that, Priscilla and Carol started to work on dinner for people one of them had never met.

And she would never forget them.

╰┈➤ ❝  a/n  ❞