Discovery

Somehow, Mr David has learnt that I function more when working alone. I don't know how he does it, but, I'm impressed.

Today, Mr David decided that it was going to be an arts day. Play with the colors, draw or paint whatever you wanted. He just wanted to create an atmosphere if fun. He had no idea what was coming to him.

As he handed out our boards and other materials, he was watching me closely. I wouldn't blame him. I mean, what could possibly go shockingly wrong in an arts class? If only he knew. I was so distracted, I didn't even know he was talking. I had missed most of what he said, though I understood that we could start painting. I wasn't going to be boring and just draw a butterfly or something. But I did draw something both basic and unexpected.

It was last period before break, so we we were  allowed out for lunch immediately we were done. I finished with my masterpiece and left the class. For once, I was proud of something I had done. I wasn't sure if it was praise worthy,but it definitely looked good.

Mr David had come up to look at my painting, but it was his reaction, as well as the painting that got the  attention of my classmates. He was dumbfounded. He couldn't believe it.