Chapter 10: It's A Terrible Life

POV: Y/n

My alarm goes off at 6:00 and I get up happily. I go to my kitchen and start to make my breakfast of eggs, bacon, and grapes. I turn on my favorite song.

Oh!

Ohhhh, yeeeh

I used to think maybe you loved me now baby I'm sure

And I just can't wait till the day when you knock on my door

Now everytime I go for the mailbox, gotta hold myself down

'Cause I just can't wait till you write me you're coming around

I'm dancing around the kitchen and having so much that I don't notice the time. "Crap I'm going to be late."

I'm walking on sunshine, wooah

I'm walking on sunshine, woooah

And don't it feel good!

I walk in the coffee shop to get my boss's order with a smile on my face. "Hey brain, how's it going?" " It's going good Y/n, the regular" "You know it!" I said back to him I got the coffee, and I went on my way to my job.

I enter the building quickly, being five minutes away from being late. I walk calmly over to Mr. Alder's office and knock on his door. "Come in" I hear from the other side and enter the room. "Good morning Mr. Alder, here is your black coffee with two sugars and two creamers." I said placing the coffee down. "Aww thanks sweetheart you're the best secretary in the world." For some reason a small chill went up my spine when he called me sweetheart. "No problem, it is my job, do you need anything else?" "Nah all you need to do is sit there and be pretty I'll call you if I do though." With that comment I walked back to my desk.

It was lunchtime and I went to the break room to make a sandwich. My work bestie Lyndsey comes up to me. "Ugg, I swear if Mr. Carson makes me do his basic paperwork one more time, I might commit murder." "Ha ha right." "Oh, you have nothing to complain about, you have the top secretary spot in the company, and you've only been here for a month." "I don't know, all I have to do is just sit there. I get pretty bored to be honest." "Oh, to be bored, I envy thee. Did you see Mr. Smith this morning so hot right?" She said, biting her lip. "Uh I don't know."

"Girl, are you blind whatever, did you have any more dreams about Mr. Businessman." "You're just going to make fun of me." "No, totally not." I sighed looking into my coffee. "This time I was in a carpark, and I was hurt, and I hugged him, and he hugged back." "Ohh did it go beyond hugging." She said, raising her eyebrows up and down. "No no it's nothing like that, it feels like a friendship." "Ugg boring." "You said you wouldn't make fun." "I'm not, it's just my opinion." Sometimes Lindsey could be a bitch that's why she's my work bestie.

I ran towards the elevator and yelled out for whoever was in there to hold it. "Thanks." "No problem." Mr. Smith and I think the other guy's name was Sam. The three of us were just standing listening to the elevator music before Sam asked us a question. "Do I know you two?" Sam asked us. "Um I don't think so, Sorry." I responded. "I don't think so." "I'm sorry, guys, you just look really familiar." "Save it for the health club, pal." With that Mr. Smith walked out of the elevator quickly. "Have a good night, Sam." I told him. "You too?" "Y/n" "Right Y/n goodnight."

I got home and got ready for bed and thought about Sam's question. He did kind of look familiar even though I hadn't really met him before. Oh well with that I went off to sleep.

The next morning I woke up feeling groggy and my head was filled with my dreams from the night before and I think I saw Mr.Smith and I think Sam in them. Which is really weird because I barley known them and what we were doing was hunting monsters so like what the hell?!