Chapter 2 | Love at first Trip

(A/N: There's actually a point where I want you guys to play the video. But you don't have to if you don't wanna! Stay tuned!)

---

Now Playing - True by Spandau Ballet

Words: 2139

---

...15 Years Later

Landing on a rooftop alone in the dead of night, was a 13 year old bipedal mutant turtle in blue ninja garb with swords on his back. Leonardo or "Leo" for short was not having the greatest day.

First, he face-planted on his nose right when he woke up because of some of the various stuff his brothers left out. Speaking of which, one of them, Michelangelo, ate his leftover pudding right after he wrote his name on it. His youngest brother Donatello accidentally flushed his new issue of "Space Heroes" down the toilet. And his last brother, Raphael maybe or on purposefully ruined one of their father's special history books on Japan and blamed it on him.

It truly wasn't fair. Leo sat his butt down and continued to stew in his anger. Not a single one of them apologized for anything they've done to him today. It's like just because their father made him leader of their little fighting group the boys think they can get away with anything and Leo can brush it off just like that.

"Well I can't, YOU HEAR ME GUYS!?" The young turtle shouted to the heavens. He stood up and unsheathed a sword on his back. He looked at it like it was the source of his problems. In a way it was.

"I want to do my best for them. Will they even give me a chance?" Leo didn't hear his own voice break as he watched a single tear land on the concrete ground. How did he lose their trust over night?

The blue turtle screamed again and threw his sword so hard it stuck itself into the doorway that lead to the inside of the apartment building. He panted heavily as he felt the need to do it it again but when he tried to pick up his other sword... something... moved next to the door.

"What the-?"

Pink eyes suddenly snapped opened and glared ferociously at him.

"WHAT THE FUCK!?!?"

Leo instinctively flailed around and tripped on his own feet, causing him to tumble off the roof.

As he was falling down, he thought about his family. How he was going to die and vanish without a trace. How his brothers seemed to be the ones nervous around him. And his father's words on the day he became leader.

"I have faith in you my boy. When all seems lost, when they have nowhere to turn, they will still look to you. That I promise."

"Guys...dad...I'm sorry. I'm... really that bad at feelings." Leo closed his eyes. Embracing his doom with open arms.

Then, he felt himself stop his descent when a hand caught his ankle. Why did it feel furry though?

"Careful there, Turtle Boy, coulda cracked your noggin open."

(A/N: This would be the optimal time to play the video.)

When he opened them, time started moving much more slowly.

Looking up at his savior, he felt brand new feelings take shape in his heart. Pushing out the crushing loneliness. It was a sense of peace and security and loveliness all at once.

Holding onto his leg from the fire escape, was a beautiful young girl covered in pink fur, blonde and pink hair in messy side buns, glowing pink eyes with a softness hiding in them, lion ears and a swishing tail to match, and a mischievous but heroic smile. She seemed to be his age.