25. Doll wedding game : teaching the importance of marriage ( part 1 )

Trishna was sitting with her misery when she heard a knock on her door. She quickly rubbed her tears away and put on a smile before opening the door

Little purvi walked in the room and climbed in her mother's lap. " Baby .. what's wrong ? Why aren't you playing with others ? " asked Trishna to her.

" I want to be with you maa. " she hid her face in Trishna 's chest. For Puja and other works Trishna couldn't give purvi much attention and that made her very sad.

" You want to be with me , than okay my sweetheart will stay with me ." Said Trishna hugging her daughter.

" What will we do together? " She asked purvi who looked very confused. She than sat thinking what she wanted to do with her mom. A chaos pulled their attention and both walked outside.

Little pakhi and payel were fighting over something with serious faces and their mothers were trying to stop them.

She went with purvi and asked the girls what was the reason of their argument. " Kaki ( aunty ) payel di ( 2 minute older ) is having a bride doll and she is not sharing the doll with me so why should I share my groom doll with her. " Complained pakhi.

Trishna found the situation little funny but she didn't laugh. " But you both can play together right ? " asked sanjana , trying to help the kids play together .

" But she wants to play kitchen with both the dolls...she wants to play without me." Said pakhi with teary eyes.

" I think I have a solution. " Said Trishna and all eyes turned towards her. " Let pakhi 's doll marry Payel's doll that way they both can play together and stay together. " She said and the kids loved that idea.

" And since they're going to get married you have to share while you're playing okay..." Asked Trishna and the little girls nodded.

" Purvi would you like to see the dolls getting married? " She asked her daughter. Purvi nodded happily.

" But since we are a family we do it together. We will divide the work among ourselves. Decoration, food and clothing..." Said Trishna planning the whole thing.

She wanted to forget the whole negative conversation she had with Nia. " Food I will handle , Puja bhabi can handle decoration and clothing the doll and other things can be done by sanjana bhabhi. " Said Trishna to them.

" Than let's do it...in the sen house let's get a doll wedding. " Said Puja bhabi . With that said everyone started to plan for the wedding. Since they planned to play for a day they decided to go for straight wedding.

" I feel like a kid ...it reminded of those days when I used to play with doll. " Said sanjana with a smile.

" So true , that was such a good idea Trishna. " Added Puja in the middle of the conversation. " I have another plan too. " Said Trishna which pulled their attention.

" Since dolls can't do rituals themselves one couple has to sit with the dolls for the marriage rituals. And since here we are quite few couples present than let's do a competition. " Said Trishna.

" What competition? " Asked sanjana and Puja together. " Musical chair, the person who wins will sit on the mandap with their husband. " Said Trishna and everyone agreed.

Trishna placed four chairs in the middle and titli was in charge of playing music while Trishna, Puja , sanjana and Sahara got ready for the competition.

" I want to participate too. " Came a voice and as they looked up they saw Nia standing with a smile. " We are just couples here...you sure you want to play ? " Asked sanjana to her.

" Even Sahara isn't married than why is participating? " asked Nia with a sassy voice. " She is future daughter in law of our house. Of course she has her pair here. " Replied puja.

" Are you afraid that you're going to lose ? " Said Nia with pride in her voice.

" Please don't argue let her participate..." Said Trishna and added another chair and the game began.

Now four chairs and five participants. First round started with a Bengali song ' Basanta ashilo sokhi ' and in first round sanjana got eliminated.

Now three chairs and four  participants. Titli started another music ' Dil Ibadat ' and on that round Puja got eliminated. Now three chairs and four participants.

Next song starts , titli played the song ' Muskaan jhuti hain ' . Sanjana and Puja cheering for Trishna. But as she was about to sit at the end of the music, Nia slightly pushed her and sat on a the chair eliminating Trishna.

All of them protested but Nia said
" No, it's not my fault that she slipped. You can't blame her weakness on
me. " she said with attitude. Trishna knew it wasn't worth arguing with her so kept quiet.

Another round started, one chair two participants. Sahara and Nia. They both circled the chair, eyeing the chair like a hawk. The air got intensed . No one knows who wins it.

And as soon as the music stopped, Sahara pulled the chair a little and sat on the chair like lightning, while Nia sat down on the cold floor. Everyone cheered for Sahara.

" That was cheating" said Nia fuming in anger. " You can't blame her for your lazy ass. " Said Trishna.

" If you can play dirty than have the courage to face it when others play dirty with you. " Said sanjana to her.

" One must always care about their actions or they fall on their bum like you did darling. " Said Puja with a wink .

Out of anger and humiliation Nia left the spot and everyone cheered happily. " Trishna bhabhi can sit with sankalpa Bhai in the wedding....they will look lovely. " Said Sahara to Trishna.

" That's so sweet of you but I want you to sit in the wedding of dolls with samrat. So that his wish to marry you increases. " Said trishna and Sahara blushed hard.

" Look at that blush....now let's go we have to work. " Said sanjana and everyone laughed together. Trishna smiled she still has to decide what she will do with Nia. But she knows she can't let that woman near her family. So she has to be fast.