"it hurts to leave a light on for nobody."

They stare, they blink, they breathe, they care but it doesn't matter if you know they aren't really there.

Shocked face turns into a smile. Evan knows better, he knows they aren't real.

So why...

Why is he crying? Filled with such happiness even though the person isn't really there.

Why is he hugging them? Why does it feel so real? Why can't it be real?

"Happy... Oh I'm so happy. I haven't hugged anyone for so long... Don't leave... Stay." Evan sobbed.

The figure only pet his hair, as silent as ever. Evan doesn't like that.

He wants noise. Give him that.

He groaned at the random headache he was getting. "Owie.." He muttered.

The figure still stood still, their smile reached their ears and seemed bloody, Evan rubbed his eyes and it was gone, so was his headache.

"Home." Evan mumbled, the figure shook ther head. "Here... To... Deliver.... Message.." The sputter.

Evan blinked and leaned closer.

"Alone you are, a Sunday night, you see a flashing light.

Booming and crys are your ears enemys.

Run and hide to reunite.

Makeup and time. Finally opening your eyes." They said, slowly disappearing, though, the sun was setting so Evan got to see honey brown eyes a shined so brightly it looked orange before being set to be alone again.

'Sunday..? That's tomorrow, no?'

He skipped back home and went to bed to read the Bible, sleeping early the next morning to wake up in the afternoon.

He stepped down stairs and saw his lights were still on and flickering.

He stood, confused but remembered he was alone and had no parents nor siblings to turn the lights off at night.

His eyes stung as he flicked the light off with a mumble.

"it hurts to leave a light on for nobody."
. . .

EXTRA SHORT COZ I NEED TO GET TO WOORKKKK 🗣

Words: 315‼️