Part One

6 years... 6 years of dating and love washed down the drain. At least it was love for me, but clearly it was not for him. 6 years of complete devotion, all for it to be sealed away when he kissed stupid Penny Wisemore. How many other girls did he kiss behind my back.

"No he's my boyfriend." Heather snaps on the TV and I throw a headless stuffed bear at the TV.

"Heather, he's cheatin' on allllll y'all!" I shout as the TV wobbles, threatening to fall off the dresser. As the wobbles subside, my phone sings beeps away. Never taking my eyes off the screen, I slap around for my phone, eventually answering it as I shove a Brookie into my mouth. "Hewwo?"

"E! Oh my gosh you're alive?" Megan's voice is both excited and startled. "I haven't talked to you in like, for.ev.er!"

"Weww, I'be been-"

"Girl, swallow the brookie, I can't understand you!" Groaning, I chew on the soft brookie and quickly swallow it, taking a sip from the straw in my cup.

"How did you know I was eating a brookie?" I ask, taking a sip and rinsing the water around my mouth.

"It's your depressed go-to food, duh." Various different noises follow that statement, one of which sounds like a bag of chips.

"Are you eating potato chips?"

"See, we are such great friends, we know that the other one is eating." She says as she crunches away on a chip, rather loudly.

"What do you want?" I ask as I lay onto my bed and roll myself into a blankey burrito.

"Well, it is approximately week three of the "5 Week Sadness Cycle" meaning that you would finally answer your phone." She says and more loud crinkles sound out. "Since you answered the phone, that means that you are going to be able to leave your hovel and come out with me!"

"Megan, I do not want to go out."

"Oh, but you don't have a choice sweet little E!" I hear the springs of her bed creak and the scraping of hangers on the metal bar that hangs in her closet. "We are going out and I know just the place!"

"We are not going clubbing."

"Absolutley not! You won't be ready for that until the later half of week four." Rolling my eyes I inch my way to the remote, not really wanting to sit up to get it. Finally getting it, I got to hit play on the movie. "Do not even THINK about turning that movie back on!" She barks and I frown, rolling onto my stomach and staring at the paused faces on the screen. "I'm serious, I am taking you out tonight!"

"Fine, but if we aren't going clubbing, where are we going to go?"

"Well," I hear a loud scrap followed by a hum of debate. "Wellllllllll-"

"Megan, please focus."

"Sorry!" The scrapping ceases and I hear the bed creak again. "There is this new coffee shop in town! You know the kinda strange one!"

"Oh yeah, I heard about it." I mumble thinking back on the conversation I heard the other day. "I heard it's super weird."

"Well I heard it's like magic." Megan squeals and I pull the phone away from my ear as her pitchy voice sings out in enthusiasm. Once the line gets quieter, I put the phone back to my ear. "It is all anyone has been talking about lately! I think we should go, and just have a cup of coffee as we trash talk about- you know who." My heart sinks as his handsome face pops into my head. My stomach churns as my knees curl towards my chest as my eyes burn with the threat of tears.