(7) Party

This chapter is pretty long, hope you're enjoying it and not getting bored! don't forget to gimme your like and comment haha, thankyou so much.. ily!

***

Hanni turned her head, and there stood Minji in the middle of the room. She had been silent earlier, observing Hanni who was lost in thought while gazing out the window. 

Hanni's hands automatically clenched, her impulsive reaction when she felt Minji's overpowering presence fill the room. 

Minji glanced at Hanni's clenched fists, and a sardonic smile appeared on her lips. She turned her head back, and only then did Hanni notice someone else behind Minji, a small and somewhat timid-looking man.

"He's Daniel," Minji muttered calmly, "He will prepare you for tonight." After saying that, Minji took a step back, turned around, and left the room. Prepare her for what?

***

"You're actually very beautiful, Miss, you just don't know how to do makeup," Daniel murmured with his gentle voice, as he applied makeup to Hanni's face while her eyes were still closed.

While Hanni kept her eyes closed, quiet as Daniel worked on her makeup, she hoped that by getting dolled up, she would be allowed to attend Minji's party. That would give her a chance to escape from this house.

"Well, we're done. Try opening your eyes," Daniel muttered. There was a hint of satisfaction in his voice. 

Hanni slowly opened her eyes because the false eyelashes felt heavy. She was stunned as she gazed at the reflection in the mirror. It wasn't Hanni looking back at her, the girl who rarely wore makeup throughout her life. Instead, she saw an incredibly beautiful woman. Exceptionally beautiful, with makeup that wasn't too heavy but perfectly complemented every aspect of her appearance.

Daniel was indeed a very talented makeup artist, well-known for his exorbitantly expensive rates. Hanni had heard of this makeup artist in the media before but never thought she would experience his skilled hands firsthand.

Her almond-shaped eyes looked so wide, strong, yet delicate with the golden brown eyeshadow, and Daniel had skillfully highlighted her high cheekbone structure to make them appear captivating and aristocratic. He had also applied peach-toned lipstick that gave her lips a perpetually moist appearance.

Hanni hesitantly touched her own cheek, and the beautiful reflection in front of her mirrored the gesture. Her eyes were still fixed, captivated by the image before her. 

Daniel sighed in admiration of his own work and then mumbled, redirecting Hanni's attention.

"You're quite different from Minji's previous lovers," Daniel grinned. 

"Not that you're less beautiful, but you're less glamorous, less enchanting. Minji's previous lovers were always extraordinarily beautiful, like goddesses."

Hanni snorted sarcastically. Did Minji also instruct this makeup artist to doll up his previous lovers?

Daniel was busy tidying up his tools behind Hannis while continuing to mutter, "But you're special, you should be grateful, Minji never asked me to do makeup for her other lovers." Daniel's mutterings answered Hanni's earlier question.

"And the most sensational thing is this dress. Minji had me order it directly from the designer in Paris. It was a special order because it was completed in just one week. This dress was specifically made for you, there's nothing like it in the world." Daniel exclaimed softly in a feminine manner, looking enchanted with something in his hands.

"You should be thankful because Minji treats you specially."

Hanni turned to see what had caught Daniel's attention, and once again, she was mesmerized.