A week later

8:45 AM, Karachi

"Annie, you would return by 12, Kyunki bhai Jamshed bhi aa ayega office , vaha hona jaroori hai?" Samina, Her MIL asked taking a glance in Ayesha's room where she was resting after taking her pain medicines, Fakhir's departure and then the preparation for Anaya's birthday had jolted the poor lady badly.

"Jee Badi Ammi, I usually have only one class on Wednesdays so I am free after that I'll look after Amma and Anaya and you can go to the office," Annie said packing her bag with Anaya trailing behind her wherever she went.

"Theek hai bhai, aaj to Anaya aur Dadi bahut sari masti karenge , Hai na Anaya?" Samina called Anaya showing her favorite Panda which has become a way to gain Anaya's attention these days.

"Bhabhi, Aymen was saying she needed a few things," Fehmi, Annie's Bua who along with the daughter Aymen was now staying with them after her husband's sudden demise wiped her hands in the kitchen towel.

"Theek hai Fehmi, when Annie comes back from College, I'll leave for college and you and Aymen come with me, the driver will leave you two in the market and when you are done give him a call or come on your own whenever you want," Samina replied taking a quick glance at the wall clock and then making cute faces to Anaya.

"Theek hai Bhabhi... aur Annie, omelet ready hai, tum Aymen ko bhi bula lo phir apna aur bhabhi ka nashta main bad me bana lungi." Fehmi told Annie making Samina smile.

"she was trying to keep her promise to Zaheer, her husband, everything and everyone was finally settling peacefully...Alhamdullilah"

"Haan Phupho." Annie replied running back to her room to grab her practical sheets and the pen drive she would need to give the driver.

"Badi Ammi, please give this to Rehman Uncle, I have texted the details of the files I need he will bring the printout in the evening," Annie told Samina keeping the pen drive on the table beside Samina.

"Theek....achha Annie, I was thinking something..." Samina looked at the small device thoughtfully before her attention turned to her and just then Aymen entered the hall.

"Jee Badi Amma..."

"You, Faiza aur ab to Aymen bhi hai yaha, and you guys need to print one thing or another on a daily basis... I saw this small, what do you call it...Yes, Printer at Washma's home, even though we have one at the office...how about we buy one for home as well so you guys don't have to think about going out at odd hours or wait for Rehman Saheb to get your work done." Samina said just when Anaya nudged her arm and she smiled at her before turning her attention towards both girls.

"Ye theek hoga na Aymen." Samina asked the girl who was finally coming out of her shell in this new house she had been living in for a couple of months but never felt at home.

"Main kya keh sakti hu Mami... Ye to aap ka faisla hoga na." Aymen was visibly uncomfortable and Samina would need more effort to make her feel at home.

"Wow, Badi Ammi, ye to humne socha hi nahi, Hai na Aymen... hamari to sari mushkil hi khtm ho jayegi." Annie's lips curled in one of her biggest smiles and she looked at Aymen with joy beaming in her eyes.

Unsure how to reply to this gesture Aymen's shoulder moved slightly before she smiled at Annie.

"Theek hai Bhai, to main aaj hi washma ko phone karungi sari details ke liye balki mai to kahungi vo us dukan ka hi pata de." Samina's decision was made.

"Chalo bachho , jaldi se apni plates le jao." Fehmi called them before bringing the two cups of tea she had brought for Samina and herself.

"Kuch kharid rahi hain Bhabhi...?" she asked extending the cup towards Samina and caressing Anaya's soft brown hairs who in turn stared at her for a moment before busying herself to the whites of her panda.