In Between 3

A week later

Dakota City

1030 hours

The dials of the clock didn't stop and so did the churning thoughts inside Fakhir's mind, for the past week Annie hadn't received his calls or replied to his messages, and though he knew she was fine, at least physically he knew she was not doing okay mentally. He had hurt her terribly and he himself didn't know how to mend it.

Once Faiza had tried to make them talk by tricking Annie but the moment Annie knew he was on the other side of the call she warned Faiza to not try it next time otherwise she wouldn't even talk to her and this has closed all remaining doors to contact her.

Knowing Annie and her horrors he knew how his betrayal would have been troubling her, how this one act of his would make her own father look better in front of her because whatever he did Habeeb didn't lie about his affair or his second marriage.

"but it is not a second marriage or an affair." his subconscious reminded him and he punched the table in frustration due to the troubling thoughts.

"Woah woah...easy Boy." Shobhit entered the room just at that moment and startled Fakhir. "all okay?"

"Yeah..." Fakhir replied absentmindedly trying to grab his backpack and ready to leave the room, suddenly not wanting any company.

"the matters with your girl still not sorted?" Shobhit enquired keeping away the bag he had in his arms on his bed.

"With my Girl...sorry?" if Shobhit had started him by coming inside quietly this was the true starting point for Fakhir, " how did his roommate know about Annie and his issues, he didn't discuss anything at all."

"I heard last week when you were trying desperately to some girl Annie to let you clear yourself...that's the only thing I heard but then your behaviours and this current depressed appearance make me believe you two are still not sorted," Shobhit explained and Fakhir didn't know what he felt about this new situation now, how much he was supposed to trust this man whom he barely knew in these three months but Shobhit himself helped.

"Girls think differently than us and before you ask me how I know let me tell you I was raised by a single mother, my father and mother separated when I was very young So I grew up with my mother and my elder sister." the guy had opened up about his other life for the very first time that for a moment Fakhir forgot about his.

"the two women are the best but they could behave the worst when they are really hurt and then there is this third woman... Shobhit paused and looked up sheepishily and that half smile accentuated the young man with round eyes.

"Yeah, my childhood friend Shipra... currently pursuing her masters back home but I can tell just by hearing how she is feeling at a given moment." if Fakhir had to guess he would bet his money Shobhit had drank something this morning, this was totally different from the guy Fakhir had come to know in these last few months.

"Don't look at me like that Fakir... I know you didn't expect anything like that but that's the thing if a person doesn't say can anyone know a single thing about him..no right." Shobhit was done pouring water into the kettle.

"yet you knew about Annie..."

"Because you were not careful enough..." Shobhit smiled and Fakhir did too because Shobhit was right.

"I know this time I am at fault but we have always been like that, fighting and then making up," Fakhir mumbled.

"oh, so yours too is a childhood friendship." Shobhit enquired about putting instant beans inside the pot.