Insane

‿︵‿︵୨˚̣̣̣͙୧ - - ୨˚̣̣̣͙୧‿︵‿︵

Sitting there on his bed I felt like I was going insane. The thought of never seeing my mother again killing me on the inside.

"Just try and get some rest. It's late. I know you don't have any clothes and we'll fix that but for now just take something of mine."

Was this man a robot? His tone sounded so cold. Emotionless.

I sat up and he handed me a pair of sweatpants along with a white tshirt. I avoided eye contact and grabbed the clothes. I walked past him, still not looking at him and walked into the bathroom, locking the door behind me. I placed my back against the door and sighed. Then I started taking off my suit. I put the t-shirt on and it reached past my butt. I tried putting the sweatpants on but they wouldn't stay up. They were way too big and slipped off everytime. I took them off and decided that the t-shirt was enough. I took a breath and walked out. When I walked out I noticed that Miguel had started cooking. He had also changed. He was wearing a tight black t-shirt and sweatpants. Although I'm pretty sure the t-shirt itself is just a regular size.

I tried my best not to stare at his 6-pack bulging against the t-shirt but it was too tempting. He looked up at me as I was approaching and I quickly looked away so he wouldn't know I was checking him out.

"It suits you."

"Yeah, well it doesn't fit me." I said with slight irritation in my tone.

"Where are the sweatpants?" He asked.

"Didn't fit."

"So you're just gonna walk around like that?"

"Got a problem with that commando?" I asked.

He put his hands up in surrender. He was standing around the kitchen island.

"You hungry?" he asked.

"Are you asking an actual human question?" I said.

"Fine forget it." he said, regretting having asked.

I sighed. I realized he was trying. He was trying to warm up to me. I was the one pushing him away. If we were going to be stuck in here together then I might as well try.

"I'm sorry. Yeah, I'm starving. What are you making?"

"Just something simple." he said.

I nodded. There was a short silence.

"So where are you from?" he asked.

"Are you seriously asking that as if you don't already know everything about me?"

"Yeah. You're chilean and cuban." he said answering his own question.

"Yup."

"I wanted to give you a chance to say it yourself." He said.

I nodded. I walked over to the bed and sat down under the sheets. I felt a shiver go along my arms, giving me goosebumps.

"Are you cold?" Miguel asked.

"How'd you know?"

"Spider sense. I know everything."

I stand up and walk up to him behind the kitchen island. I lean against it. He puts his arm out against the island and turns to face me.

"So what else can you sense?"

"I can hear people's heartbeats. The people I fight against especially."

"You can hear their heartbeats? Come on, that's a little far fetched."

There was a short silence between us.