Chapter 19 - "Ilse Arlond"

I was jumping the waves like a horse, I saw how Sonna was scared to go into the water, which was weird of her because back in Germany, I remember she would be the first one to hop into the ocean.

She would practically drag me into the ocean, and force me to surf with her, but now it's like I don't even know her, she is my sister, I know that for sure.

She just became more cold...distant. I remember when she pulled me to play outside, when we would go to camp, I would love it if we did it...again. But I feel like if I asked her, she would probably say no.

I stopped surfing for a moment and looked at Sonna. She was pretty far away from me, 50 feet. She looked a little worried as she looked around on the 4 foot waves. I felt bad and sorry for her for some reason, I mean no wonder, she was my sister, I felt like something was wrong. I swimmed to Sonna and I saw her look at me with worried eyes,

"(English) is everything alright?" I asked,
"Yea, everything's fine, I'm just worried  about the waves, they look really bi-" I grabbed Sonna's hand and I pulled her deeper into the water. When I saw that we were far enough from Olivia, I started,

"(German) Sonna, what happened? Ever since you woke up in the hospital, you...you changed" I pointed out while holding her shoulders, she looked at Olivia and back at me,

"Puberty, Ilse it's normal! You are my sister! Not my guardian" she said. It shot an arrow through my heart, yes, it's true, im only 15 minutes older than her, but I will sacrifice myself if it means she will live,

"I'm just looking out for you. Lately we rarely go out anymore, and when we do you always want to be with Olivia, or you just find Jack and want to be with him. I'm just looking out for you" I answered. Suddenly I felt a wave lift us up and drop us on the ocean floor.

I tumbled and rolled on the ground and got up for air. I noticed that the ocean has started to get more violent. I looked at Olivia as she was pulling me to come to the shore as she went, but I couldn't go.

I went underwater to try and find Sonna, but with all the sand in the way I couldn't. I got up for air and started worrying and panicking. I dove down underwater to a clearer area, and thank god I found Sonna.

I swam up to her as quickly as possible and got her up to the surface. I saw her open her eyes and try to breathe, but she couldn't, that is when I realised she was drowning.

I hit her as hard as I could on the back and I heard her coughing, and she suddenly blacked out, her condition. I swam to the shore as quickly as I could, keeping an air pocket underwater for Sonna to kinda breathe through.

The waves were getting harder and harder, and I just realised how deep we went. We were about 40 feet from shore, and the waves got up to 5 feet per wave. I saw some lifeguards grab their boats and swim to us, and I realised we were the only ones at the ocean.

The waves got rougher and rougher as it was harder and harder to get to the shore. I had to get Sonna to the shore, I didn't have to, but I had to put Sonna to the surface.

I saw a man yelling for me to get on his boat. I was about to get on but then a strong wave, 10 feet hit the boat and caused it to flip over, by then I was about 20 feet at the shore, and I could already touch the ground.

I swam as hard as I could to the shore, and my body started to ache, but I didn't care, anything to get my sister to the shore. As I was getting about 10 feet from shore, an enormous wave hit me hard, hard on the sand and I blacked out.

  I woke up in the hospital, confused, what happened? I saw a doctor in the room, and as he looked at me opening my eyes, he came up to me, but I couldn't keep it in,