Nyala - SandWing (Burn alligned)

1 day before the events of The Lost Heir

Well glad that's over.

If you didn't know, we just finished cleaning up the mess that was the Sky Kingdom after Scarlet's death.

Well, her supposed "death".

Many SkyWings swear to the moons that she is still alive, and Ruby would only be a temporary queen. Some of the soldiers claim that they saw her being escorted away back to Burn's stronghold, but I think that's all-camel dung. She's probably dead.

But for once in my career as a soldier I've been sent as first respondent.

Well as a first respondent outside the Kingdom of Sand. I'm not part of the main army but a part of the reserves meaning we get sent to plug in the gaps in our combat lines. I'm unsure if I should be happy or not about that. On one talon, I'm not in any immediate danger but on the other one if I'm being sent to fight it more than likely means that the battle is going really bad. Combat is usually brief though. Once we arrive the enemy usually retreats due to over exhaustion so I can't comment much on my battle experiences in the war.

We basically just did crowd control to prevent anarchy from happening, placed Ruby on the throne and then went on our way. It was surprisingly easy, maybe Ruby will be a puppet ruler for Burn. It wouldn't be far-fetched for Burn to do.

I enjoyed the change of pace of the Sky Kingdom and wouldn't mind being sent there again. Feels a lot safer than where I'm usually sent to, The Scorpion Den. That place is just a bad place to be. Constant crime, gangs, illegal operations, just bad stuff all around. I'm usually sent to help put down gang wars that get out of hand. It doesn't mean all the dragons in there are bad, they just have a rough upbringing.

There's the Outclaws and their leader, Thorn. I'm sure it's looked down upon getting involved with gangs like them, but Thorn seems to be a levelheaded dragon. I do not know why someone like her is involved in stuff like this. Hamada is also a nice dragon. He gives off a calming aura whenever you're around him and never gives you the idea that he's from the Scorpion Den. He's a good dragon and...uhm l-let's move on.

Every time I go to the Scorpion Den, I always see a dragonet that I want to help. There are many orphans there and some are hybrids who many don't want just for that fact. I really wish I could help them all but where would I let them live? I have no home; I sleep in a camp with the rest of the reserves and once this war is over, I think I'll go back to living the nomadic lifestyle. Maybe I could raise some camels or goats. A hopeful dream some would say, but if you keep your head up you can do almost anything. At least I tell myself that.

I'm unsure why I'm even fighting. Was it the promise of food? A place to stay? A purpose? Most of the dragons here in camp give you the impression that's why they're here. We continue following Burn out of fear of execution, she's extremely determined to win this war by any means necessary.

Hopefully this war ends before I have to face my mortality again.