Firth - SeaWing

2 Days after the events of The Lost Heir

To those who find this know that I hang my head in shame of my cowardice.

I hereby declare my own arrest as I have failed to complete my orders sent by the Crown, evading punishment from the Crown and affiliating with a thief who has stolen from said Crown. They are currently hiding in the southern portion of the Bay of a Thousand Scales. My orders that I failed to carry was to follow an assault against the MudWings led by Commander Piranha and planned by Commander Shark 4 days ago.

The reason I failed my orders is that I refused to be involved in the upcoming battle. Once we engaged a MudWing force I immediately fled the battle and wound up in one of the many islands in the Bay of a Thousand Scales.

You may ask, why? Why would a SeaWing noble, a SeaWing who's in the line to be a Royal Guard, a SeaWing who has not suffered starvation like their fellow soldiers, a SeaWing whose family has been nothing but loyal to the Crown throughout several generations, not follow a direct order from the Crown?

I simply refuse to continue to participate in this pointless conflict. I understand in honoring an alliance with an ally, but our current ally is nothing but a snake; conniving, deceptive and will strike at us the moment we turn our heads.

I've served my tribe for 4 years and knowing what I've been doing the entire time certainly does not help. To continue to take the life of another dragon, potentially a dragonent's life, for a snake, is something I cannot force myself to do any longer.

But perhaps that will no longer be an issue. After the attack of the Summer Palace, all SeaWings have been encouraged to stay near the Deep Sea Palace and we've massively scaled back our support for Blister.

Well, according to my source who's a wanted thief.

Now I must come to reality and face my punishment that I've been evading. I could theoretically never return to the kingdom, perhaps join with the Talons of Peace?

Pah! What a thought! I'd be no better than that coward Webs; sniveling, moping, no sense of dignity or honor. Better salvage what little status I have imprisoned than live free as a coward.

Though if there's any reference, I'll most likely be sentenced to death for not following the commands of my superiors.

Her majesty, Queen Coral, hasn't been exactly kind to those who fail to do their duties.