Yucca - SandWing (Blister alligned)

1 day before the events of The Hidden Kingdom

Sometimes I wish I could fall asleep and never wake up, forever resting with my dreams.

Blister's mad. VERY mad. Now that the SeaWings have abandoned the Summer Palace we have no official way of contacting them. They haven't sent any ambassadors either so Blister has interpreted that as a sign of betrayal. I haven't seen her in a while so she's probably busy burning down a scavenger den. She tends to do that as a way to release her anger.

For her this is a travesty, but for us, the troops, maybe this is what we've been waiting for. Without any allies maybe Blister will realize the war is unwinnable and we all get to go home!

No, what am I thinking? Blister would never admit defeat. Camel dung, she would probably somehow find a way to make the RainWings and NightWings fight for her to the bitter end. Sounds impossible but that's just Blister, delusional and insane.

I should be scared writing this, Blister doesn't tolerate this kind of behavior from her troops, but I don't care anymore. I have nothing to lose.

Can you believe that it's been 20 long years since this war has started. I've known nothing but this war almost my entire life. 20 years since I was 3, following my brothers and sisters, all of us naively following the bigger dragons with false promises of riches and adventure. Now there is only me, my entire family has been torn apart from this war. My siblings have been long dead. My parents as well, having aligned themselves with Burn. Any other remaining family have followed Blaze to the frozen wastes or stayed in the Scorpion Den still scheming others for their own profit.

We're about to get our marching orders soon, moving out once Blister handles some "personal business". Many say it's a meeting with the NightWings but that is a complete lie. The NightWings are a powerful, secretive tribe. Nobody even knows where their kingdom is. What do they gain from helping Blister. They were smart enough to not be involved with this war like the RainWings though I suppose that's for a different reason.

Apparently, our next mission is to hunt down the Dragonets of Destiny. I'll probably desert the army if that does happen. I've killed enough dragonets in my life, why do I want to add prophetic dragonets lives to my claws. I'll probably be killed once I do leave though, most likely when I find a seemingly safe place to sleep. It's another trick Blister uses to keep her troops in line. She seems to take great joy in tormenting us.

Sometimes I wish Blister would just explode into dust from a lightning strike. Would speed up this war a lot faster.

But that's merely a fantasy, another fantasy like peace. A fantasy where I'm with my family again, all of us together, happily basking under the sun.