Prologue

Driftmark,  111 AC

Driftmark,  111 AC

Calissa, 15 has arrived to Driftmark to meet her behtrothed Joffrey Lonmouth, she is extremely nervous.   Her father Lyonel Strong is with her and he is holding her hand as they walk down the ship.   They arrive to the castle Driftmark where they are meet of  Rhaenys Targaryen,  the lady of Driftmark and her children Laenor and Laena.  She sees a young man with blonde hair standing next to ser Laenor which she assumes is behtrothed.  

Calissa walks up with her father and curtsies.  Rhaenys smiles.  "Welcome Lady Calissa and Lord Lyonel."    Lyonel nods.  "Thank you for having us, m'lady."    Rhaenys turns to Joffrey to walk up.  

Calissa watches as he walks up to her.   "Let me present your behtrothed.  Ser Joffrey Lonmouth."    Joffrey bows and kisses Calissa's hand before looking into her eyes.   "M'lady."   Calissa nods.  "Ser Joffrey."     Rhaenys smiles at them.  "Ser Joffrey, take Lady Calissa for a walk at the beach, so you can get to know eachother."   Joffrey nods and hands his hand to Calissa, she smiles and takes it and starts walking towards the beach.  

Calissa and Joffrey are now at the beach, they are just walking, not really talking.  But suddenly Joffrey stops walking and turns to her.   "We are gonna get married one day, but if that's gonna happen i need  you to know something and i would rather have you know it now than later and you might hate me but i have to tell you."    Calissa looks at him curiously, she gives him a smile.  "What?  You have a love child?"   Which makes Joffrey burst into laughter. "No."  He takes a deep breath.  "No, the thing that i will never be able to fall in love with you and it has nothing do  with you, you are a beautiful woman.  I'm just not wired that way."  

Calissa looks at him, she thinks she knows what he means but wants to be sure.  "What do you mean?"  He takes a deep breath.  "I... I have a preference for men."   Calissa looks at him to then starts laughing.   He looks at her confused.  "Why are you laughing."   Calissa takes a deep breath so she can calm herself.  "Sorry, it's not funny.  Well it's a little funny if you knew..."  She sighes.  "I'm laughing because i'm the same, but with women."  

Joffrey looks at her shocked, he did not expect that.  "Really?"  She nods chuckling.  "Really."  Joffrey gives out a little laugh.  "Well maybe this is a perfect match.   Calissa smiles at him.   "Maybe it is."  

Driftmark, 116 AC

Calissa has now been living at Driftmark for five years.  Her and Joffrey are still only behtrothed, but the date is finally set, they're gonna get married shortly after the royal wedding.   Yes, the royal wedding between Rhaenyra Targaryen and Laenor Velaryon.    Rhaenyra and her father, the king arrives to Driftmark to the set the alliance between house Velaryon and house Targaryen.  

Calissa is on her way to Laenor's bedchambers, making sure he's alright.  Her and Laenor have gotten very close over the years, he is truly her best friend.   She knocks at Laenor's door.  

It doesn't take long until Laenor's door opens and he sees her and smiles.   She walks into his room and Laenor closes the door.  Calissa gives him a hug before pulling away.  "How are you today?"    Laenor sighes.  "I really don't know.  You know i have never wanted to get married."  Calissa smiles.  "I know but we all have to, but think it this way, there are lot of worse people you could marry than Rhaenyra."  Laenor smiles nodding.   She kisses him on the cheek.  "I have to go to meet Laena, we're welcoming them, so i will talk to you later."   Laenor nods and Calissa walks out.  

Calissa finds Laena waiting for her by the entrance door to the Driftmark castle.  Laena sighes and takes her hand.  "Finally, they're here any second now,"  Calissa smiles "Then let's go outside."  Laena smiles shaking her head and hooks her arm with Calissa's and they walk out.  

Laena and Calissa are waiting outside only for a few minutes when they see the royal ship stopping and Calissa sees the king walk out with the princess Rhaenyra and Calissa's father Lyonel Strong, the new hand of the king behind them.  

Calissa sees Rhaenyra as she walks closer to them and Calissa relaises in that moment she is doomed.  

The prologue is here!!  I hope you like Calissa as much as i do.  I hope you guys like this chapter and pls tell me your thoughts.