Chapter 1

DRIFTMARK, 116 AC

DRIFTMARK, 116 AC

It was the day of Laenor and Rhaenyra's wedding. They were getting ready to leave for King's landing but every since Rhaenyra's visit to Driftmark, Calissa haven't be able to stop thinking about her. Before leaving for the wedding, Calissa has decided she wants to tell Laenor about her feelings for his soon to be wife.

Calissa knocks on Laenor's door, quickly the door opens. He sighes in relief. "Come in." Calissa walks in and closes the door. Instantly she can see that he is nervous. She walks up to him and holds his hands.

"You're nervous." He chuckles nervously. "Is it that easy to tell?" She smiles. "It's gonna be okay. I know she wasn't your choice but me and Joffrey will be by your side every step of the way. Besides there is worse to get married to." Laenor chuckles and nods.

Calissa takes a deep breath, here it goes. "Laenor, there is something i have to tell you." He looks at her. "What is it?" She sighes. "Since Rhaenyra's visit i haven't been able to stop thinking about her, i have feelings for her." She looks at Laenor, waiting for his answer.

He gives her a confused look. "You think that would matter to me?" Calissa sighes. "No... I know that you will never develop feelings for her but she is till you're gonna be wife. I don't think anything will happen but if it does, i don't want you to find out that way. Because you're my best friend, we have always told eachother everything."

Laenor smiles, thinking how lucky he is to have her, he pulls her into a hug. "You're the best, do you know that?" "I have been told that before." She says teasingly. He pulls away. She looks at him smiling. "It's going to be okay." Laenor smiles and nods. "Go, i'll see you downstairs." Calissa nods and opens the door and walks out of his room.

Calissa and Joffrey was now on the ship that would take them to King's landing. Laenor, Laena and their mother princess Rhaenys would be riding their dragons.

"How do you feel?" Joffrey asks her which confuses her. "What do you mean?"

"It's your first time seeing your family in years." Calissa nods. "That's true, i hadn't even thought about it." "Have you had something else on your mind?"  He says while giving her a look. 

Calissa looks at him for a second before hitting his arm.  "Laenor told you?!"  Joffrey moves his arm away. "No he didn't. I know you Calissa and i saw the way you look at her when she came here. it was pretty obivous."

Calissa chuckles and sighes. "Maybe."  Joffrey pulls her into a side hug. "Today is their wedding and when we return it will be our wedding." Calissa smiles. "Yes."

KING'S LANDING
the wedding feast for Rhaenyra and Laenor had just started. The Velaryons had not arrived yet but guests started to arrive.  Aegon, the younger brother of Viserys and Daemon walked in with his wife Vaena, the sister of Corlys and Vaemond. 
Viserys was really happy when he saw his younger brother as he hadn't seen him in years as Aegon and Vaena resided in Pentos with their children. 
Viserys walked up to them. "Aegon, dear brother." the brothers greeted eachother with a hug.  Viserys turned to his wife.  "Lady Vaena, welcome.  I see you're expecting"  Vaena nods. "Yes, We're very exicted."  Viserys nods "Come sit, your family."  Vaena and Viserys sits down by the table for the royal family.